1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sorta Quick Review: China Poblano

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TylerH50, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to add this to my trip report, but the gambling was so shitty...... I decided not to post one. Instead, here is a quick review of my experience at China Poblano @ The Cosmo.

Date of Dinner: March 27

I was there for a work dinner w/ 15 other folks. They were super accommodating for a group that size, but probably not for a group much larger. My only complaint about the table was that the chairs didn't have a back.. not a big deal though. They have two kitchens, 1 for Chinese and 1 for Mexican

Our server was super. She was very, very knowledgeable on the Chinese dishes, and made great recommendations. She also brought someone else over for the Mexican dishes to answer any questions. You can definitely go all tapas/ small plate here if you want. In fact, I'd recommend it for smaller groups. We ended up getting multiple orders of Chinese appetizers.

Good Stuff
    - Beef Siu Mai - When Pigs Fly (Steamed Buns): Actually unbelievable
    - Lamb Potstickers - Shrimp Tacos / Beef Tongue Tacos

Average Stuff
    - Ants Climbing a Tree (Noodle DIsh): The noodles were the consistency of seaweed salad, I wasn't a fan
    - Duck Tongue Taco: Again the Consistency, but others in my group liked it

All & All I liked China Poblano A LOT. I will visit again. I mainly drank Tsing Tao, and it paired well w. everything I tried. If you go the shared plate route, it's very reasonable as Vegas standards go. For 16 people w/ drinks, my bill was under $900 (around $55 a person)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review! :thumbsup:

It sounds like just the place for my bride and I to try. She likes Chinese and I lean towards Mexican! :D

RICHARD

Return of the Alperts!
  3. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Problem. Always good to see a fellow Lostie on the board.

4. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you have the queso fundido at China Poblano? It's my favorite thing to eat there. Lol

5. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I quite like it there as well. I forget the name, but they have a chicken soup with rice and chipotle peppers that might just have saved my trip (possibly my life) after several days of over indulging. I left there feeling alive and ready to start the cycle all over again :)

6. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My feeling is like yours - if you get the right dishes it is great. The wrong things are just ok.

I had the noodles with peanuts (I'm too lazy to look up what they are called) and they were fantastic. But the taco with the pork rinds was just ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.