1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Solo Trip Report 7/19 - 7/23

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by teacher10, Jul 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacher10

teacher10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I don’t know how people are able to do a live trip report while in Vegas. I’m barely able to take pictures as a tourist.

[​IMG]

I was in Vegas for five days from Monday to Friday and it was hot but at least it wasn’t humid. Every day I feel like I drank at least a gallon of water. I have to say the best buy of the entire trip while in Vegas was the gallon jug of water that I purchased numerous times at CVS for only $1.99. That was so worth it and it was near my hotel at Park MGM. I flew out from Newark airport and arrived in Vegas a bit after 7 in the evening. Uber and Lyft was asking for $50 so I choose the taxi route which was $31 which included a 20% tip. However there was a surcharge of $3 using a credit card. WTH but at least there wasn’t a wait at the taxi stand and it was still cheaper than Lyft/Uber. Walked to In and Out for dinner and ventured around the strip for a few hours.

My four night stay at Park was $330 including taxes and fees so since none of the days were comped I was able to redeem my mLife rewards of $175 free play. I won $120 playing Ultimate X poker after using all the free play so I decided to call it a night and went to bed a happy camper around midnight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tuesday morning I went to Eggslut and waited for thirty minutes but the sandwich and truffle fries were delicious and worth the wait.

[​IMG]

Came back to the hotel afterwards and hit the gym for 45 minutes. I went every morning because I’m paying for it in resort fees so I might as well use the gym. Granted I don’t do the same thing with the gym that I currently enrolled in at Chelsea Piers. Regardless, my main slot game that I played was the Ultimate X poker and before leaving to Planet 13 dispensary, I won another $140. I was on a hot streak as I was up but it didn’t last. The machines were slowly making a dent into my winnings and I had to stop the bleed. Overall I was down $190 for the entire trip. I’m happy that I was able to walk away from the machine when needed and that I stuck to my budget. I also made it to Pearl status on mLife so that’s a win! Won a few sports bets and used the winnings to make future NFL season totals.

Places I went to during Vegas was Fremont, Pinball Museum, Mob Museum and plenty of walking up and down the strip even though I bought the 3 day bus pass. I only used it three times, to and from Fremont and then going back to the airport since I only had a backpack. I had In and Out a few times because I love their burgers, Crack Shack - their fried chicken was so so good, ate at Eataly, Mon Ami Gabi, and Best Friend. I also visited Buddy Valastro’s cake vending machine twice and got a slice of carrot cake and chocolate. I went to see two shows while I was out there both at Luxor, Fantasy (eh, not worth it IMO) and Carrot Top which was pretty fun. Las Vegas was pretty packed while I was there and I’d say one out of five tourist were wearing a mask in doors. There was also a traveling basketball tournament held during the week so it was crowded with teenagers too! Probably not heading back to Vegas until the end of February to run the half marathon. Would have ran outside but it was already hot at 8 in the morning. Thanks for reading and I also saw @Vegasworm husband E one morning but didn’t say hi.

• Like Like x 25
  2. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report. I was there same week, Tuesday to Friday, took me four pages to accomplish what you've done in a few paragraphs.

Brevity is an Art! :clap:

WTF?! Who Leaves LV Saturday and Flies Back Wednesday?!
    Holiday Return after 39 Months
    • Like Like x 3
  3. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice VP hits! Can't tell what denomination you were playing? Glad you enjoyed your trip!

• Like Like x 1
  4. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hits with the multipliers, but gotta be the first to ask. Why hold the 7? Drawing an A, 2, or 4 would double the payout. Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Matco

Matco Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip summary! Thanks, looks like you had a good time

8 days at the Cosmo!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. VegasBhoy67

VegasBhoy67 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the report

This time it is gonna happen !!!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ravenone

ravenone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing came immediately to my mind! Maybe they're used to playing JOB??

- Linda in TX

• Like Like x 1
  9. teacher10

teacher10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $0.05. However three hands and I had to max it out in order to activate the bonus so it was $1.50 per spin.

10. teacher10

teacher10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because I'm an idiot. I need to read up on how to play properly. I realized during the tail end of my trip whenever I had pocket two, three or fours I wouldn't hold them but instead hold a face card instead. Not good...not good

11. VeddaLasVegas

VeddaLasVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report!

Happy New Year!!!!
  12. SAFGambler

SAFGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report thanks

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just take pictures of anything and everything then when its meal time just post your info and pictures.
    You could have posted a lot during your 30 minute wait at egg slut.

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! And bummer about not going to draw for a kicker on those dealt quads. But if you're new to the game, it can happen. And you're right, pairs are better than high cards.

And yeah buying a jug of water was a smart move on our part last trip too. It was actually 95 cents at target! Couldn't believe that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.