1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Solo Diners - Unite!

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by Sonya, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there are lots of us solo travelers who end up grabbing food court food to take back to the room, when it would be more fun to have some good conversation and yummy food with a fellow Vegas fan. @Lady Fortuna made a suggestion in another thread about starting a new sticky here for people who are travelling solo, and not quite comfortable with the idea of dining alone in a restaurant to meet up with fellow VMBers for a shared dining experience.

I suggest that you post your travel dates, or the date you want to meet up for some food. Include either the places you want to try, or a budget amount (ie, I want to keep dinner and drinks under $40 somewhere downtown) and see if other solo diners will be traveling the same time as you. I suppose it doesn't have to be a fancy restaurant. It also doesn't have to be dinner. Maybe breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi, the Sterling Brunch, or a challenge to finish a whole plate at the Circus Circus Buffet. ;)

Please share your tales and photos if you do meet up with other solo diners. Enjoy!

• Love Love x 11
    • Like Like x 7
  2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great idea!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna VIP Dolphin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh wow, great!

I don't have a new trip planned yet, unfortunately, but when I do, I sure would like to find a companion to visit some places on my food bucket list (that doesn't sound very appealing lol). For example (if still available by then) with the myVegas reward for TENDER Steakhouse, which I had last year, but had to return, cause the friend I bought it for as a thank you (for taking me on numerous comped dinners, which while totally free for him, still costs him credits and this way I could still offer him something valuable), wasn't able to make it to Vegas after all. And also the Sterling Brunch is on my wish list since ever, but I would not spend that kind of money on my own, it wouldn't be as good of an experience.

I hope it will catch on! :beer:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ngrund

ngrund Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GF took me to Sterling Brunch for my birthday, used her diamond celebration voucher, it was fantastic, although pricey,

5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never lonely at the bar in a restaurant. If no fellow gamblers / diners there is always the bartender / waitstaff (often the same). But still a good idea.

Pilgrimage beyond seeds that may flower
    Ho ho holy night$ we hope
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo MyVegas players and couponers can get those 2-for-1 deals and split the bill with a new friend. I like the idea. Hope someone tries it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    F
    Nailed it! I have no problem with solo dining but I hate wasting those twofer coupons.

Birthday Solo!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BYLee291

BYLee291 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be at The Linq from December 3-8 traveling solo. I have a CET Diamond Celebration dinner to use for 2017, if anyone else is in the same situation and wants to try some place. Yes, I am one of those food court guys, but I'm one of those people that thinks good diners are great places to eat. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dec 15-19 but arriving post dinner on 15.

And I have an unused wicked spoon 2-1 coupon, and perhaps an Ellis Island 2-1 BBQ that I am likely to be using (and potentially the 3 rounds of drinks).

I have other buffet 2-for-1s but they are likely to be passed along as I don't really want that many buffet dinners. Plans still open for dining other nights, and I am fine with dining solo, but no problem with having company. Sunday night I could be easily talked into Charlie Palmer cut of the week (depending on the menu that week). Open to suggestions on other places with flexible budget.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great idea, though I found the solution to my solo dining discomfort a long time ago. Namely, while I'm often reluctant to eat alone, I have absolutely no hesitation drinking alone. Assuming I've been playing all day, then I'm probably already primed; if not, it's easy to fix. Obviously, as with all drinking, it's a balancing act between not enough and too much, but it works for me!

Annual Halloween Trip: Gold Coast (3), Orleans (3). Solo again!
  12. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea

13. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna VIP Dolphin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's still a bit early, but I can finally make use of the "Solo Diners - Unite!" thread, so here I go...

Event: Gospel Brunch at House of Blues, Mandalay Bay.
    Date: Sunday December 2nd (I know, still a long time, but hey...).
    Price: Not sure, but planning to get the myVegas 2-4-1 reward and share.

Dear VMB friends,

Would anyone (or any two, three, four) like to go to the Sunday Gospel Brunch at House of Blues together? The Sunday I have in mind is the 2nd of December, for the session at 1pm. We could meet up an hour or so before to greet, at Mandalay Bay or - depending your hotel - meet first and travel there together.

I'm pretty open-minded and easy going, so don't be shy if you like to join! I love to meet new people, for a chat and a laugh and a few (too many) drinks. Together with the food and entertainment of HoB it will sure be a good time!

I realise it's still very early to post this event. But I guess I'm not the only one who plans their trip long in advance and I hope more people like this brunch and don't want to go alone.

So don't leave me hanging and let's make a party!

• Like Like x 1
  14. avg35

avg35 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone going solo this weekend sept 22-23, I'm down to hit up a buffet of hammer the drinks with some company

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great idea!

16. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just see this thread now
    Great idea:feedme:
    Im fine now with dining by myself as i know all the places and good deals where to eat and also use myvegas rewards.....going solo to vegas is fine but its more enyoable to share a meal and a nice conversation with a fellow vegasnut:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  17. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread is severely under utilized. So many solo travelers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    waste food credit is even worse.
    I used my $100 voucher to eat one buffet, tried to find someone to share, no.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't travel solo but my DH likes to skip breakfast an I love breakfast so I have decided next trip I am not waiting for him to get up and moving I will be eating breakfast solo. I will have to check out the thread.

40th Anniversary Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oct 8 to 11th. Last minute trip just to getaway. Will be trying Hell’s Kitchen at Caesar’s one day for lunch since it’s easier to get a reservation then. All VMBers welcome.

• Like Like x 2