1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

solo diner- still rec. reservations?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Packbacker, Mar 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the risk of being a broken record here, was it SevenRooms/OpenTable that wouldn't allow the solo res? That's what Cosmo and MGM are using lately. If so, call them. The websites really do not work well these days.
    Wait, that's me, is that not allowed? :p If so, I'm going to be promptly ejected from this town.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. djspam

djspam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes, I did book with Open Table. Appreciate the tip... Mahalo!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When a reservation system will not make a reservation for one, but same day, same time, will accept two, I reserve for two. It's the same table. If it's a tech glitch, I worked around it. If they're quietly hoping to discourage solo diners from taking a two-top but not generating two meals' revenue.... too freaking bad. Sometimes I put "solo diner" in the special requests field.

I can't remember exactly which restaurants I needed to use this tactic, there've been several. But not one place refused me, most were very pleasant, and only one seemed unwelcoming and unaccomodating for solos: Catch. Not positive, but I think I've been offered the bar every time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made several reservations using both OpenTable and SevenRooms for my upcoming trip with no problems whatsoever:feedme: Edit: I couldn't make a res at Bavette's for 1 via SevenRooms so I made it for 2.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. ckx2

ckx2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always putting in a remark "counter/bar seat" when using online reservations - works like a charm these days.

6. djspam

djspam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made reservations for 2 at STK last Monday: No problem; sat at the bar. Bavette’s last night: No problem; table at the back of the restaurant. I have one more reservation at Bugsy and Meyer’s tomorrow, but they let me reserve for one. I also had reservations for Redwood, could’ve had a table, but sat at the bar to chat with the bartender.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.