1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Solera at Stallion Mountain 55+

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by cunningja, Jul 20, 2021.

1. cunningja

cunningja Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moving in a couple weeks and really interested in this community, does anyone have any positive/negative info? Everything I've read, it's a really nice and safe place to live.

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you renting or puchasing? Also have you already checked out the area? The community within the gates are safe and that's whats important. Just don't go out venturing on foot at night to Sam's Town.

3. cunningja

cunningja Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be buying our retirement home. I doubt we'll be walking anywhere near Boulder Hwy, lol.
    Do you know much about the Silver Springs Sterling community? It looks like a safer area on the crime map, but the community doesn't look as nice as Solera.

Thanks

4. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally haven’t been in that community but do know the area. I’ve had good experience with other 55+ communities and don’t think this one would be any different. Lots of great friendly neighbors in most places you go to in these communities. I’m assuming you’re working with an agent, have you had him/her show you around yet?

• Like Like x 1
  5. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Water processing and reclamation are just north and south of the complex. I would ask someone living there if 'fumes' of dirty water ever waft over to their patios. If not, the place is pretty isolated near the creek and I would think pretty safe, as long as flooding isn't a problem.

How could I say no?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. cunningja

cunningja Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're still in the closing process on our home in Maryland, and our current agent is connecting us with an agent in Vegas, we're planning on renting an AirBnB for a month while house hunting.

7. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok great and good luck to you! If your agent doesn't work out, i'm more than willing to help.

Also be careful when you do AirBNB as there are strict rules regarding short term rentals in Clark County. Lots of unauthorized listings out there.

• Like Like x 1