1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

So I woke up this morning.... A PSA

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by nursepower, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I wake up to a note on my door today saying my dad called and to not worry MY brother is not Dead...WTH?

Apparently someone posted on facebook that my dad's son had died. My dad only has one biological son, my brother so everyone assumed it was him. The person who really died was my ex-stepbrother, while yes it is sad, I haven't seen him in over 20 years and he always had medical issues.

But seriously the point of this post is not about anyone's death but that if you are going to post ***** on facebook, make sure you know who the heck your talking about.

2. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the real lesson here is people need to stop using Facebook for anything but entertainment. I hate it when some acquaintance tells me something they should have told me a long time ago and then when I ask why they are like "we posted it on Facebook". I'm like wtf am I supposed to stalk the Facebook pages of all my friends and family just to keep up with the important announcements?!

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I quit facebook as a Xmas gift to myself several years ago because of BS like this.

4. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah this site is the closest I come to using any Social Media so no Facebook for me. Sorry about your lost. I'm curious why you said ex-Stepbrother?
    I have a strange family dynamic so I have to ask. I have a Half Brother, a Step Brother and a Step Sister who is really my Step Brothers Half Sister...
    At one point in my life I had 4 parents (all deceased) a Mom & Step Dad, and a Dad & Step Mom... It was great at Christmas and Birthdays but travel was a pain!

Oh and to add to getting the story straight... The same should go for those Genealogy sites as well. Hobbyiest get facts, dates and names mixed up all the time.

5. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ex step brother because my dad and step mom divorced many years ago. I was never fond of them to begin with. Long back story.

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too have a family shrub instead of tree:peace: They're all just "brothers" or "sisters" except the one who is crazy and I never got along with:evillaugh

7. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Family Shrub..... I Love that!

8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I thought I was the only one with a family like that! I have one brother, a half brother, a half sister, two ex step-sisters, two ex-step brothers, a "step-brother" who I have trouble calling that beacause we were both grown adults when our parents got married and a "step-sister" who is 23 years younger than me who I also have trouble calling that since I was a grown adult when our parents married but I guess since my dad adopted her I should. Oh and I also have an ex-almost-step-sister my age who's mom and my dad were together for a few years without getting married. And no, I don't come from a socio-economic background that would make that not a strange situation but my parents are both on their 4th marriage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.