1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

So glad this is here..

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by lmking1224, Oct 7, 2017.

1. lmking1224

lmking1224 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been a member of this forum for a while but haven't visited in a bit. I just wanted to say that I'm so glad that this forum -- and this sub-forum, in particular -- are here. I'm going to start following this forum more, I think.

I'm a pretty active member on another very active Las Vegas forum. I enjoy the information that I get there and the posts from many of the members. However, some are very "snobby." If there's a post that asks or complains about prices or something, people pile on. It's so...annoying and pretentious.

We take 2 three-week cross-country trips to Las Vegas a year and spend 7-10 of those days in Vegas. Being away from home for 3 weeks at a time is costly. We spend a ton before we ever leave the house to get our car ready for our trip, secure arrangements for our much-beloved and very-spoiled pets, etc.

If we were just going for 2 or 3 nights, it might be different. Because our trips are so long (and cost quite a bit before and after Vegas), we use budget accommodations like Bally's and look for deals along the way. It's nice to have others I can chat with who understand being on a budget of some sort vs. talking to those who basically act like you shouldn't even go if you don't have a practically unlimited budget.

Vegas bound!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gmoney10

Gmoney10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what makes Vegas great. Everyone has different experiences and needs and can do Vegas the way they want to. Going on the cheap is relatively easy in Vegas and still be able to have a great time. As for me, I like to save money on rooms and food to allow a bigger bankroll. I don't need the fancy room or expensive meals to enjoy Vegas. Hope you find pointers on saving in Vegas in this forum.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kkinwi

kkinwi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find everyone helpful with their Vegas insights on this board.....I mostly stay downtown to be able to afford several vacays/year. Love getting some sun during our long WI winters!

• Like Like x 1
  4. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can I ask what the other board is? Mainly so that I can avoid it if it's a snobby place.

Please ignore if this is out of place.

Still second trip of 2017
  5. lmking1224

lmking1224 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Las Vegas Trip Advisor forum. I do like the forum for information, and some of the posters are great. However, there are some people who really snub those who stay at places like Excalibur, Flamingo and the like. Any comments or complaints about parking fees or resort fees is met with slick, snobby comments. When someone asks about incidental holds, they're usually told that they obviously can't afford to go on vacation. Stuff like that bothers me.

You don't have to be made of money to go to Vegas. And even if you have plenty of money, you might prefer to keep to a budget.

Vegas bound!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. erica1025

erica1025 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with LMK. I started out reading LV trip advisor but a lot of people started becoming very rude (not to me, I hardly posted). I soon found VMB which has always been very welcoming. It made a very easy transistion and I've tried to be a helpful, active member since I found this forum.

Thanksgiving Trip
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd almost forgotten about the LVA message board. I used to visit it occasionally when we first started going to Vegas regularly. I agree, there are some quite judgmental people on that board.

Still second trip of 2017