1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sneaky SWA

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Brandt, Jul 21, 2021.

1. LVRaiders

LVRaiders VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest has been doing this all year due to demand. A friend complained that his trip over 4th of July changed two times in the two weeks leading up to the trip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could be worse. Spirit changed its only non-stop from MKE to LAS from 7:50 PM to 7:30 AM.... but they didn't tell us. We found out when a buddy decided the other day to come along, and when I mentioned our flight time, he said "Did you mean AM?" Luckily Spirit actually refunded our fare on the credit card and we selected a Southwest flight for that same evening.

I wonder if Spirit would ever let us know, or would we have just found out when we got to the airport 10 hours after it had left.

MJ's going to the Super Bowl (in Vegas)
    USBC Nationals, my portion
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  3. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Knowing Spirit, it probably costs extra to be notified about flight changes...

• Funny Funny x 8
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got an "update" on a flight to LGA in October changed by about 20 minutes. This is Delta, so SW is not the only one doing it.

5. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My hunch is that the gate attendant would have said something like "You should have purchased travel insurance".

MJ's going to the Super Bowl (in Vegas)
    USBC Nationals, my portion
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoa! I just logged into my southwest account and noticed this too, and I didn't even receive an email about it! Our SLC-DEN-IAH connection now also terminates in Denver. Maybe they are trying to tell us something?
    Interestingly, my daughter, who is my companion, did receive a change message, but it showed her booked through to IAH. The current reservation terminates in DEN. But my son, whose email is my own and is my wife's companion, didn't. All 4 of us are booked on the same flight. They have some serious software issues.
    On hold for customer service now. 45 minute wait. Back in my day, the wait was < 5 minutes and was actually too short because their on-hold messages were so funny. Now it's just a regular hold message with insufferable muzac.

7. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update: Customer service resolved it without a problem. She seemed to know somehow that we were booked through to IAH, and confirmed us on a flight that arrived around the same time.