1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Smith Center 2017-2018 Broadway Season

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by troyzilla, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like there are a few decent shows coming through -

Something Rotten 8/8-8/13

Curious Incident 9/19-9/24

The Little Mermaid 10/3-10/8

The King and I 10/25-10/29

The Bodyguard 11/21-11/26

Rent--20th anniversary tour 1/31-2/4

Love Never Dies 3/20-25

The Color Purple 4/24-4/29

Hamilton 5/29--6/24

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that 'Hamilton' tickets will be extremely hard to get - especially since it is just a 4 week run. I'll try to line up a visit for 'Rent' or 'The Color Purple' - the rest are a bit meh.

2. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with Curious Incident. I didn't really know what to expect. Both of my kids (21 & 16) saw it. The older one really enjoyed it, my younger so/so. Something Rotten they both loved!

My boy's 21st Birthday count down is on!
  3. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious Incident is good - they broadcasted the original London production to cinemas here in Australia a couple of years back. I heard Something Rotten is very much 'Monty Python' style humour? I didn't really like Spamalot so am unsure if it's worth a look.

I'm also a bit curious about The Little Mermaid - which bombed on Broadway. I'm actually surprised Disney mounted a tour.

4. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have tickets for Willy Wonka on Broadway, which is opening the end of this month. It should be interesting to see it live.

I personally did not see SR, the kids went together. They both tried to get me to go before it closed, just never happened. All I know was there was some part with dancing eggs or something and they both laugh still when talking about it. I'd ask them if it was MP ish but honestly, I don't think they have ever seen any. I was never a fan either.

Rent was awesome!

My boy's 21st Birthday count down is on!
  5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're going to see Something Rotten here (NC) next month. I've bought season tickets for the Broadway touring shows at our center in the past but not this year, as I only want to see a couple shows. For Hamilton (also coming here in 2018) the season ticket holders will get the first crack at tickets. I am hoping that my perks membership through work will get me 2nd in line early access....We'll see!

(what I've heard of Something Rotten - on SiriusXM Broadway - I've enjoyed, which is why I got tickets...) On the other hand, I loved Spamalot, so.....

6. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something Rotten is so funny and really good! I was sorry to see it close on Broadway, but glad it is touring!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.