1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sleeping in Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by tim421, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Working night shift and taking care of an elderly mother with dementia - my sleep is always fractured. I work 12 hour shifts get home fix breakfast for my Mom. Try to be in bed by 9 am, set my alarm clock for 12 noon to fix her lunch. Back to bed and usually get up around 3 pm to pick up my Grandson from school. In Vegas I sleep like a baby - usually in bed by midnight and get up around 8 am. On our last trip in December we got on the early flight out of Austin (6 am) I was off the night before but that was my only night off in 5 in a row so I had less than 24 hours to get my crap together for the next day - I literally only slept from 9 am to 12 noon. I never went back to bed that night -- had to pack, get hair and nails done etc, - We left at 2:30 AM for the airport. We should have arrived at 7 AM vegas time - but airport was fogged in so we didn't land until after 11:30 AM.

We checked in early at the Luxor and I tried to nap but was still tired so just tossed and turned. After dinner I was in bed asleep by 8:30. I did not wake up until my husband woke me at 8:30 am the next morning -- 12 hours straight - best sleep I have ever had. I slept at least 8 hours the next four nights. I do bring ear phones just in case the chain saw I sleep with starts getting on my nerves. This last trip was the first time I didn't need them.

2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry, I have not read the entire thread, but I do not vary my sleep patterns, once I catch up to jet lag.

I'm in bed at 11 with the tv on low until I fall asleep. Set the timer for 1 hour. I'm up between 7:00 and 8:00.

I'm on the go that entire time, maybe rest my eyes for an hour in the late afternoon, and go to bed satisfied and fulfilled.

3. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also slept much better at the Luxor this trip than I did at Bellagio. The Luxor AC kept us chilly and I cocooned myself in the blankets. At the Bellagio we had the AC turned down to the lowest it would go and the thermostat read that it was 60 degrees in the room but no way. I would wake up sweaty and miserable and no matter what we did the AC would not kick in. Then I found out that some resorts have the AC to quit after so long if there is no movement and even if you set the thermostat lower you cannot get the AC to kick on.

Someone on another forum sent me a link to webiste showing me how to override the thermostat at Bellagio -- of course that was after I got back. I sleep better with a cold room but bundled up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.