1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Skipping Wynn Buffet line?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ONEinONEout, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONEinONEout

ONEinONEout Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Everyone,

Just wondering what type of players card we need to hold to skip the buffet line at the Wynn? If I have Caesars diamond would I be able to status match or simply get in with that?

Cheers

2. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn does not status match. I believe the only way to skip the buffet line is to buy a vip line pass at the buffet for like 25$ each (I have done recently and worth it), or have an Encore Tower Suite room key which allows you to go into the vip line. Not sure if higher status at Wynn gives line access benefit since on their website it doesn't state.

3. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars and Wynn are not in any way affiliated so no other players card would work at Wynn besides Wynn's own players card.

4. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several years ago, I was able to ask a pit boss for a Wynn buffet line pass.

Don't know if that would still work now -- probably not since they're charging for line passes. But you never know...

--max

5. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only a Wynn players card could work for that. As others have stated, you can skip the line for a fee, I believe it was $20 per person when we visited in early January.
    If you are staying at Wynn you could ask for one at check-in, which I've heard people being successful at. Another option is to go to the Red Card desk (players club) and ask if they can do anything. I did this last time and was told 'no'. Now that they are charging for a line pass I assume you would have to have some sort of play on the card that would cover that $20. I obviously didn't. But didn't hurt to try.
    Last option is to cross all your fingers and toes and hope there is not a huge line when you want to go.

6. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read in other TRs and anecdotes that "RFB" players (as indicated by a star or other insignia on one's Wynn room key) are able to skip the buffet line irrespective of what room type they're staying in. Even though the Red Card program itself does not necessarily distinguish VIP players from non-VIP players through tiers like other programs do, this is an alternative approach to conveying the same information.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only thing I can add.... dont buy your line pass ahead of time.

Ive been to that buffet four times. Minimal line the first time. It was Memorial Day, so they advertised an americana bbq theme.

Then I stayed there on a package that included buffets. Stood in line almost an hour for brunch. Determined to pay for the line pass for remaining visits. But when I returned for dinner the following night .... no line.

After an absence of 14 months from Wynn, they comp'd me to a weeknight dinner buffet in December. No line. Also, no WOW. Was good... but even the specialty made to order stations were the same as 14 and 19 months earlier. I still think its one of the best, but it would benefit from a menu update

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much what @notfromconcentrate said. Wynn doesn’t have tiers for its player’s club. But, if you have a star on your card/room key, you can get into the RFB lounge and use an expedited line at a few places. Though, you don’t actually have to be full RFB to get the star. Lately, my host has been giving me the star on the key and I usually only get a few hundred in upfront F&B.

It’s been a while since I’ve stayed in the Tower Suites, but booking one of those might get you the star as well (though, don’t take my word for it - hopefully someone else can confirm/deny this.)

Edit: Oops. Looks like @B T already mentioned the TS angle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there is a long line which I can't skip, I just go somewhere else to eat.

10. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah you can skip w/a Tower Suites keycard. We didn't really need it when we were there since it was pretty early in the day.

11. killswamper23

killswamper23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure if you're playing you can get a pass from a pit boss
    I've gotten them in the poker room when using poker comps for the buffet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.