1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Skip the lines at dollar???

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by maineguy, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have made my reservation at dollar through dollar express. I have not paid yet.... what exactly do I need to do to skip lines and go directly to outside car booth??

2. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't skip lines. You go to a VIP line.

Alamo allows you to skip lines entirely.

3. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

Actually, you do bypass the lines, unless there are people at the kiosk in the garage. You just walk out to the garage and tell them who you are. They will have your car ready for you!

4. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THese 2 answers are why I am confused. Rush...please message me with details like...payment.....

5. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you sign up for Dollar Express you have to provide credit card information. That is how you pay for your vehicle.

Go down the stairs to the Dollar booth in the garage and look for your name on the board. It should be there with the location of your assigned car. Just go to the spot, the keys and paperwork will be in the car. No need to wait in the line. If for whatever reason your name is not on the board go to the window at the booth. There is usually no line there either but you only have to do that if your name isn't on the board. My last trip my name wasn't there and that was because my license had expired since my last rental so they needed to update their records with my new license. Took about three minutes.

6. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. It is a seamless process and you are not waiting in any lines at all. it's because you are pre-registered by the information you provide on Dollar's website. All your preferences and payment information is intact. So when you get to the rental facility, you breeze through the building, down the stairs to the garage, find your name on the board and go to your car in the assigned spot. You can't beat it!

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you drink too much on the plane and decide that you don't want a rental car - then they still charge you I assume.

I like not being a part of the express programs so that if I "no show" I'm not charged.

8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm . . . I guess that would be an issue for someone if excessive drinking on a flight is important. And certainly a person would not want to operate a vehicle afterward.

I do not know if a no-show at a car rental results in a no-show charge. At least, I've never heard of Dollar having that policy.

9. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any for sure ways to skip the lines with the total rewards dollar rental? Gonna be getting in later on st pattys day and dont want to miss too much lol.

10. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't be. I have ZERO experience with them in Vegas but have in other places where there was a separate line.

It seems I was totally wrong.

Either way, since you signed up with Express, you are good to go.

I'm glad to know this as well, since I have a Dollar rental for May.
    Kudos to all the members that corrected me. If I hadn't been corrected, I guess I would have been pleasantly surprised.

11. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try calling reservations. Your res# is in their system. You just can't look it up online.

I was told this is because it's booked with their resorts section or something.

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Other than I believe they have all your info including credit card on file - which isn't necessary for booking directly though car companies...so they can't "no show" charge you.

13. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And what is "Rapid Rental"?

I just rented from Dollar. On the website I was prompted to use "Rapid Rental" check-in, so I would be "Ready to go!" when I got to the center. I assumed that I got to skip the counter and go straight to the garage. That's what makes it "rapid" doesn't it? I "rapidly" found out that going straight to my car wasn't the case and I got to stand in line like a sheep for about 40 minutes, waiting to get the same treatment as a hobo with a bag over his shoulder:grrr:. Needless to say, I started my trip in a pistoff state of mind.

What exactly does "Rapid Rental" do for me and why did they want me to sign up for it? And please refrain from telling me that I needed to be an "Express" member. They told me more than once how stupid I was for not knowing that, but never told me what "Rapid Rental" was.

14. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

Well, there you go.

This is EXACTLY what is states under Rapid Rental where it says, "check in":

Check-in

Save time at the counter when you check in early online. Provide us with your information before you pick up your vehicle so we can get you on the road more quickly.

Seriously. You want to be lazy and not do your due diligence, and then piss and moan?

All rapid rental does is allow you to put a couple pieces of information in the computer so the clerk doesn't have to. It's NOT Dollar Express.

These threads are always full of people asking silly questions because they don't want to take the time to search for themselves. "You do it for me"! Full of people who don't read the directions, and then want to blame someone else because they screwed up.

YOU made the mistake, no one else.

You know the real beauty of this? Dollar Express is FREE! FREE!!!

Every person who rents a car should be a member! Why would ANYONE stand in that god forsaken line?????

Yet, I go happily along every time, and never skip a beat, because thousands of people, just like you.......are far too busy to spend 15 minutes of their free time at home doing what it takes to join the "club". GOOD FOR ME! They would rather eat up an hour of their vacation! :beer:

I'm sorry to pile on, but you need to hear this, and so do the dozens of others just like you in here. Quit crying, and start doing!

15. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thankyou Rush.....you have supplied us with info that both the internet site.....and a phone call....were very vague about...I did dig.

16. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rush, I couldn't have said it better.

I am a Dollar Express member. And I love to sweep through the rental place past all the poor schmoes standing in line looking bedraggled and getting the hard sell. From the door to my car, it's literally 5-7 minutes. And it's all because of Dollar Express, not Rapid Rental. Two totally different processes.

17. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I guess I've been put in my place. Thanks rush for being such a rectal orifice and letting everyone know how much smarter you are.

18. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He does have a point but there's no need for the "snarky" long-winded rant.

Folks still don't do their due diligence despite this being the internet age.

19. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

Instead of still whining in here, spend the time signing up for Dollar Express.

I'll even let you take the credit for it!

:thumbsup:

20. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.