1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Silverton Rooms

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by nickle, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone had any experience staying at the Silverton? What are the rooms like? Should we (wife and I) ask for something special ($20 Trick?)? We have played there for an afternoon during each of our last few trips and are now taking advantage of a comp (no resort or parking fees!) Its been a long time since we have had a real comped room, so we are looking forward to it.

2. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed last Saturday and while not impressive they are comparable to average room at Cal or MSS, not sure what you would receive using the trick but only one way to find out

3. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay at Silverton pretty much every trip...last time was Nov 12. I enjoy the rooms. Best point is the beds. For a moderate rate hotel they have really really great beds. I always sleep so well there. I've always hated their cathode ray TVs in these huge armoires with doors that invaded the whole room. Well...last visit they were gone! A new flat desk with a flat screen TV was in place. Wonderful! As for the bathrooms, I love the soap and shampoo they get but the bathrooms themselves are quite mediocre. Lastly, a lot of the rooms face brick walls. They must have picked a student architect. The one thing I ask for is a room that 'IS NOT LOOKING AT A WALL'. Once I get that out of the way, I'm always quite pleased with the place.
    Nov 13-16 I was at Main Street Station. The Silverton rooms are definitely better...though the MSS rooms are reasonably nice, too.

4. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the responses.
    I've stayed at MSS and was quite happy there (neat and clean most important quality) Also staying at Sam's and Gold Coast this trip.

5. 4dazeoff

4dazeoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a regular at Silverton and get comps every trip. I recommend asking for a "luxury King" when you check in. There are only 9 such rooms and they're all on the first floor. Nicer furnishings and the bathroom is upgraded with the tub removed and a walk in tiled shower. The wife is very happy with this room and a little disappointed when it's not available. On a comp, it is a $30 per night upgrade ($33 w/ tax) . they don't charge resort fee on comped rooms. I've almost always had this upgrade fee comped on the backend by asking a host right before checkout. If you a staying on a weekday, usually easy to get it. Weekends about 50/50 whether we get it. You can also call reservations and try to "reserve" the luxury king in advance for your comp night. We enjoy our time at Silverton and usually stay a couple of times a year. Try the Happy Hour at Twin Creeks! Pretty good food and drink selection for half price! Good Luck!:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.