1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations! I really don't care if it stings or burns, I want my social life back! :(

They just updated our state info. Phase 1c, which I qualify for, is now supposed to start March 1, as opposed to formerly "about April or so", so it looks like things are getting on track here.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kisby

Kisby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my 2nd dose a couple of hours ago. Pfizer vaccine. No pain. I had no reaction last time. I'll let you know about this time. (Unless I am assuming too much that people are interested! ;) )

• Like Like x 10
  3. SAll11

SAll11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m interested at least lol

4. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received my second pfizer shot yesterday morning and feel great, tiny arm soreness only. I am ready for my Pangolin and Bat Stew!! :feedme:

Here in NJ we are still in Phase 1A, Just my gut but as this chugs along I think the phases will start to roll out faster! Hang in there everyone!

Post wife being Vaccinated trip
    • Like Like x 4
  5. donfairplay

donfairplay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pangolins weren't responsible. There has been later research absolving them of culpability.

Plus they're too adorable to be responsible.

6. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has been 48 hours. My arm is a little sore. I was very tired yesterday but still had to work last night. I didn't notice any pain or soreness because I was too damn busy getting my ass kicked. I'm ready to take some motrin and hit the sack.

Belated 40th Anniversary Trip
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indiana finally has a plan. Starting today those over 80 can schedule an appointment to receive their first vaccine shot. Hopefully it will go smoothly and they can move on to other age groups quickly. I'm tired of missing out on all of the things I love to do.

Finally back!
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Kisby

Kisby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my second Pfizer vaccine dose a little over 48 hours ago. Feeling great! My arm was a little sore yesterday, but no soreness today. The other family practitioner in the office next to mine got his, too. We're now planning our next trip to Vegas for this summer! The wives go shopping, we play blackjack!

• Like Like x 6
  9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw my primary care doctor today and talked about the new criteria for my state. I've moved way down the list from what CDC recommended. I totally understand why people are in the groups ahead of me, but I'm kind of tired of trying not to die here and would have loved to get one sooner. I'm currently estimated for March sometime. My doctor said she hopes things speed up once it all gets going.

Covid sucks.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  10. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife got bumped from 1B to 1C, as the Wisconsin committee approved the order of importance. Those with co-morbidities and serious health issues get slotted behind convicts and mink farmers.

This isn't final as it has to go to public discussion at their next meeting, but it is kind of disappointing to read.

upload_2021-1-8_23-8-5.png

USBC Nationals, my portion
    USBC Nationals, my wife's portion
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I can expect a vaccination by the end of the year. No hurry here.

Oregon officials outline plan to speed up snail’s pace of COVID-19 vaccinations - oregonlive.com

As of Tuesday, Oregon has used 24% of the available doses -- approximately 55,239 of 226,700 that have been delivered by the federal government since Dec. 14, according to the state and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That means 76% of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines are now sitting idle in freezers and refrigerators across the state.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. zoobrew

zoobrew High-Roller

I also expect to be vaccinated in the summer. The US has ordered enough doses from Pfizer & Moderna to vaccinated 200 million people by 7/31/2021. That assumes that not one dose is wasted and we already know that is not going to happen. So roughly 140 million Americans may have to wait until after July to get vaccinated. The question is what other vaccines are working toward approval and how long will they take. AstraZeneca vaccine's is months away from US approval.

A question to the board. Would you get vaccinated earlier if it meant getting a less effective vaccine? Pfizer & Moderna 95% effective, AstraZeneca 62%* effective.

*their 1st study has some serious ???, which is why it will be months before it may be approved in the US.

14. nancyf

nancyf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have my appointment for this Thursday - the 14th.... I am excited as I want to be able to travel and will feel safer once I have both shots.... I am also nervous as I don't know what to expect.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife’s second shot is set for 1/20. It will give her something to do while Old Sawbones puts in a new left knee for me. ...if that event does not get delayed by other things...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Off to the Sky Suites for some R&R!
    Sky Suites and Sky Pool Cabanas 2021
  16. Maxbet

Maxbet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rec'd my 2nd Pfizer dose on Thursday. Just injection site soreness and fatigue for that day. Did take a cpl tylenol when I got home. Coworkers rec'd their 2nd dose Friday. Two of them called in this morning due to fever and chills. Obviously, YMMV. Do feel a major sense of relief now when treating my Covid pts.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  17. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any opinions on pre breakfast and coffee only or no coffee or caffeine until after the shot or it doesn’t matter? Is nausea even a problem (?) provided allergies aren’t in the picture? Thanks.

Hope Trip depending on Pricks
  18. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say it doesn't matter food wise but I choose not to drink alcohol for a few days

Post wife being Vaccinated trip
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SpaceDust fixes everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rourou

rourou Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure does! I would be very happy with March, because I keep thinking it’s going to be summer for me. Altho I just learned that my town’s health dept. has some sort of special designation so it is independent from the county, and will be overseeing vaccinations specifically for residents. So am hoping that puts me into a smaller pool of people and maybe my turn will come sooner.