1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Michael Smith

Michael Smith High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister and niece who work in health care in AZ have already been vaccinated. I asked a grocery clerk today about when they might expect a vaccination and she looked at me like I was crazy.

Santa Anita Derby/Final Four
  2. SAll11

SAll11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Colorado should be moving to phase 1b by next week. States are moving pretty fast they are just behind in reporting. https://coloradosun.com/2020/12/30/colorado-coronavirus-vaccine-phase-1b/

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Running late

Running late Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend is a frontline hospital worker, she got her first vaccine today. I hope to God this the road back to some normalcy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zoobrew

zoobrew High-Roller

From the article: Health officials say Colorado will likely finish Phase 1 by early spring.
    That means April before Phase 1 is done. The general public won't get shot in Colorado until the summer.

5. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    USBC Nationals, my portion
    USBC Nationals, my wife's portion
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't get the vaccine for a few more months. I'm not old enough (63) but I have underlying conditions (diabetes) so will have to wait until the older seniors get theirs first. Plus I'm watching to see the side effects of the vaccine. So far googling side effects it seems like one has problems that show up quickly and the other has some side effects that could last a day or more, even up to 3 or more days. Both can have adverse reactions for some people with health issues so best to consult with your physician before getting the vaccine.

7. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's definitely good to check with a doctor to see if you're allergic to the ingredients in the vaccine. Besides that, from what I've read, many of the short-term symptoms mentioned (fever, aches) are actually due to the immune response ramping up. That can actually be a good sign, as it's showing that the body is being stimulated to act by the vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Vegas is Fabulous When You Degen Responsibly ;)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s weird how they have the categories for who gets the vaccines when but neglected to mention many of those who fall into multiple categories... my mom, for example, is over 65 *and* is an essential employee (department manager at a large grocery store), while I have health conditions that put me “at risk” and am also an essential-ish/“critical industry” employee... right now, I guess it’s whatever puts us in the highest-priority category is what we are supposed to go by, but is that sufficient consideration? Should it matter that we live in the same house (we bought it together, and we’re both on the mortgage and title), and if so, how much? I guess we’re supposed to trust that this has in fact been considered, but given *waves arms around, pointing to all the things* please forgive me if I’mmmmmmm not exactly in a trusting frame of mind :goofy::hmmm::nono:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  9. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to hate the front of the line buffet goers until I became one.

Yes to medical staffs, nursing homes, first responders.

I'm very soon to be 72 with an underlying heart condition. I should be "soon". I'm trying to do research to find out some info but it's all gobbledegook so far.

10. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm an RN in the VA system here in Michigan. We had our first vaccine clinic yesterday for the high risk veterans. We've got the Moderna vaccine. Health care workers got their shots last week. So far, so good. Occasional reports of body aches and fevers for 1-2 days after the vaccine from a few healthcare workers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's exactly me in a nutshell, except that I'll soon be 71. Ive contacted my cardiologist, primary care doc, and the local pharmacy and nobody knows when I might expect my vaccination.

12. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister got her first shot this past week. Second in a few weeks. She did say she got very tired afterwards as well as a very sore arm. And a low grade fever. But the next day she felt fine

13. nancyf

nancyf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they are giving them out in my area Monday and Tuesday - for over 65 and its first come first serve....and they only have 1000 shots per day--- its gonna be a madhouse ...I'll see how the crowd goes on Monday and then try and go Tuesday..

14. SAll11

SAll11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what area

15. zoobrew

zoobrew High-Roller

I wonder how they make sure the same 1,000 people are able to get the 2nd shot in 3 weeks.
    You already have the national guard in WV give dozens of people in West Virginia were mistakenly given Regeneron’s Covid-19 antibody treatment instead of the Moderna vaccine, the West Virginia National Guard announced Thursday.
    It will get even more complicated when there are more than 2 different vaccines because I assume you can't mix and match the required shots.

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  16. SAll11

SAll11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    most places are giving appointments for the second shot while you wait the 15 mins from the first shot to make sure you don’t have any reaction

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife works at local hospital in X-Ray received the Moderna shot 10 days ago. Complained of arm soreness for a couple days but that was it. Not sure when I will be eligible as I am 64 had a massive heart attack 3 years ago. Guessing in February possibly.

18. nancyf

nancyf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Volusia County

19. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get my vaccine tomorrow morning. The most common side effects I hear from my coworkers is sore arm and fatigue for about a day. I wouldn't call it fatigue so much as they said just sleepy. I can deal with sleepy. I get it at 7:30 am and I have to go back to work on Thursday at 7 pm. I should be okay by then.

Belated 40th Anniversary Trip
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im vaccinated. The employee heakth nurse asked me which arm? I said guess the right since its my dominate arm. She then asked which arm I sleep on - again the right. she suggested the left. Thats what I chose. It was a bitch. Like being frogged in the arm by your siblings growing up. lasted about 20 seconds. I took motrin immediately after.They had water and donuts. i already had a light breakfast. Im just a little sore right now. Not bad at all. I did dose myself with Vit C, Zinc, and some other herbal anti inflammatory supplements Ive been taking for a while.

Belated 40th Anniversary Trip
    • Like Like x 5