1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shrimp Cocktails

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by K-9treatbaker, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello All,

Anyone know of a a couple places where my aunt and I can get a decent shrimp cocktail, either on the strip or downtown?

Hopefully, finding one for under $6.00. My aunt still remembers the .99 cent shrimp cocktail at the Golden Gate and I laughed, told her those days are over. LOL

We're staying at the Paris and will be going downtown a few times as well, to gamble.

Appreciate the help.:)

2. parallax

parallax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay has a happy hour special on shrimp cocktail. It might be slightly over your price but the shrimp are amazing.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The old Golden Gate deal was great. When they closed their great deli the deal moved over to DuPars, which is now closed of course. Skyline now has a great deal, $1.49. No filler.

4. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Price being a little over 6.00 would be ok. Especially since the shrimp are amazing. Sounds like a plan. Thank you,parallax.

5. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi VegasVic,

I don't think we will make it to the Skyline this trip. Isn't that on Boulder Highway?

6. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Again,

Okay, so far this is what I have found in regards to Shrimp Cocktails: 777 Brew Pub at MSS, has a shrimp cocktail for 12.99. Since I know their portions are huge, this possibly could be lunch, with a beer of course.

And the Lanai Express at the Fremont also has a shrimp cocktail for .99. Now, that is hard to believe and I would have to wonder about the quality. LOL Do I dare risk my life for .99. LOL Anyone on here, ever have it?

My search continues. RM seafood sounds like a solid choice, but I'm trying to find out the price.

Thanks. Keep those suggestions coming and I will post updates on what I find as well.

7. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And the winner is: The Cafe at Ellis Island. They have a jumbo shrimp cocktail on their menu for a whopping $4.99. And I love EI.

Claim Jumper at the Golden Gate also has a shrimp cocktail for $12.99.

Mon Ami Gabi also has a shrimp cocktail for 17.99 but that is a bit over our budget. Unless I win of course. LOL

8. ScubaStever

ScubaStever Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last month at Sam's Town 24 hour deli by the sports book, I noticed they had $1.99 shrimp cocktails and so I tried one. It was on a bed of lettuce which I didn't like, but the mini shrimps and cocktail sauce were okay so if you head that way it is worth a try.

9. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about a buffet? For sure they won't be "two bite" shrimp, and you wil need to peel them, but they won't be the 300 to a lb. size.

10. parallax

parallax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think at happy hour it is $7.00.

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the .99 shrimp at the Lanai at the Fremont. They are the baby shrimp so not very filling. Not sure, I thought that the price went up a little but it's been awhile since I last had them.

12. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw them too last month and gave them a try. I wouldn't go out of my way for them, but if you don't mind the tiny shrimp size, it was a good deal for $2 there.

13. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be great if at Happy hour the shrimp cocktail is $7.00 at Mandalay Bay. I may have to give them a call to confirm.

Thank you, parallax :)

14. Italladdsup

Italladdsup Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Claim Jumper is in the Golden Nugget.

15. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight King of no media

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good value for what you get, but unless you're already out at Sam's Town for another reason, it's not worth going an extra mile, despite the low price.

As for Lanai Express, i tried it a handful of years ago, and it wasn't worth 99 cents then, at least for me. Forget not being big, juicy shrimp, it didn't taste very good. Bad batch? I don't know, but I have never considered a second try since that day.

I've never tried it at Ellis Island, and I eat there every trip. I might have to change that this year.

16. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once I get back from this trip in June, I will be sure and let everyone know where we had our shrimp cocktails and what we thought of them.

17. Loluvsvegas

Loluvsvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So it's just those miniature shrimps in a ice cream cocktail glass but there is about 200 in there.. at Lanai Express inside the Fremont and I believe it's $1.99 and we've never died from it yet, usually mix it with a $5 foot long hotdogs and plenty of vodka

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. BigSully

BigSully Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shrimp cocktail at the old deli counter in the Golden Gate really brings back a bunch of memories!! They had a lady that played the piano from memory that was just unbelievable. She would take requests and I don't think there was an old song she didn't know, and the shrimp cocktail...was the best! I used to tease my wife that only if she was nice would I splurge and pay an extra dime for another package of crackers :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.