1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shows that you were happy to see

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by oghuman, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our favorite show hands down is Absinthe at CP. we’ve been about 5x, and it’s still awesome. There have been minor tweaks here and there and if you’re not a fan of some pretty crude humor you may not like it. But to me it’s a perfect blend of total bonkers comedy and insane physical feats Cirque style.

2. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top is the only show we would never go back and see again and we have seen plenty of shows and concerts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1.

Will come back with my response but my head is exploding right now with the list. LOL. I love music and have been going to Vegas for 29 years. In the last 10 years especially I have enjoyed seeing a show, at a minimum, every other night and some times nights in a row or two shows in one night -- for 10 day to 2 week trips -- so you can do the math on that with multiple trips a year.

Standouts are 2 hour+ concert by Stevie Wonder on NYE at the Cosmo, Celine Dion, who I have seen I think, at least 6 times, Diana Ross 3 times, Michael McDonald, Lionel Richie, Clint Holmes (many times at Harrah's and at the Smith Center), Boyz to Men, Barry Manilow multiple times, Donny and Marie multiple times, Cher (lip singing for a lot but it's Cher so really glad I went), Andrea Bocelli, Maroon 5, Harry Connick Jr., Robbie Williams (twice), Backstreet Boys, Mary J Blige, Rod Stewart, Elton John, Jerry Seinfeld (twice), JT, Bruno Mars, Fleetwood Mack/Stevie Nicks as part of their farewell tour just last year!, and one guy (name is blanking on me) who is super talented that I saw perform at both Westgate and Palace Station. For some time he had a show with Clint Holmes. He was fantastic. I'd see him again in a heartbeat.

Good but not standouts include J Lo, Janet Jackson (Beyonce was in the audience a few rows behind me with her posse in a special area), Mariah Carey, and many others. Enjoyed the shows but they didn't wow me.

Big regrets: Garth Brooks when he had a solo concert at Wynn (still in pain over missing that one), Liberace (though I visited the museum), and Joan Rivers (as I believe she was still doing Vegas periodically when I started going in the early 1990s).

With the cirque (I've seen them all and some multiple times) and other shows in that category (e.g., Le Reve, Vegas the Show), local Vegas entertainers in lounges and concert halls (Rock of Ages, Purple Rain, etc.), showgirl, comedy and magic (and I'm not even into magic) shows (but I've seen Penn & Teller twice), I'm well into the many hundreds of shows.

I guess you have my list after all :), though the specific show list is what came to mind literally in just a few minutes of thinking about it.

Edited to add: Tom Jones.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved that show saw it twice, even did the after show meet and greet with the performers (i was the only one there it was fun)

6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, saw that one too and agree it was one of the better ones.

7. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top is the only show we would go back and see again and we have seen plenty of shows and concerts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. vegascurley

vegascurley Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been going to Vegas since the mid 70s. Some of my favorites throughout the years are in no special order..
    First show was Connie Stevens and Ike and Tina Turner
    Saw the taping of a couple Merv Griffin Shows
    Wayne Newton...actually got to shake his hand and get his autograph after a show
    Prince...while he had a residency at Rio..got a towel and guitar pick that he throw into the crowd
    Santana..Temptations..George Clinton and Funkedelic...John Fogerty...Killers...
    Some oldies but goodies....Mel Torme..Shecky Greene...Buddy Hacket...Shirley Maclane...
    And have been to almost all the iheart radio music festivals
    think all the major headliner magicians
    Most Cirque shows..past and present

Ones i regret i never saw are Celine..Sammy Davis and Dean Martin and Siegfried and Roy.( had tickets for their show 9/11)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love that list @vegascurley. You saw some greats and a wide variety. Once entertainment starts coming back safely I think that's the big thing I am going to do; book a slew of concerts both here in NYC and in Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KevinF

KevinF Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Show's I've seen:
    -Blue Man Group- I was a kid when I saw this. But I remember liking it
    -Penn & Teller- I'm a huge fan of them. But thought the show was just OK.
    -Michael Jackson Cirque- My favorite show ever, would see this one again.
    -Zumanity- Thought it was just OK.
    -O- Wanted to see this show for the longest time, obviously an amazing show. But I was bored.
    -Human Nature- Saw this when it was at Imperial Palace, loved it.
    -Carrot Top- Saw this twice, like 10 years apart. Seemed like a lot of the same material.
    -Legends in Concert- At Flamingo, thought it was boring.
    -Vinnie Favorito- At Flamingo, they gave me free tickets at check in. I thought it was the funniest show I've ever seen.

11. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a big show guy, but I have seen a few over the years...my favorites:

Rat Pack--at the old Greek Isles, off strip. We sat ringside and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Downtown Gordie Brown--at the Nugget, very entertaining guy
    Kevin Burke--at the D, not the Caveman deal. Just himself, very funny

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My faves over the years have to be the original EFX, Jersey Boys, Blue Man Group and more recently Million Dollar Quartet. (And the one I will think of just after I hit POST.) :)

I've enjoyed all of the big production shows, Lido, Folies, etc. The acts I most remember are the Sinking Of The Titanic ("It's enormous!") which appeared in two shows I remember, one at the old LV Hilton and the other at Bally's, and the orangutan act at Stardust, but, sadly, shortly after, the performer was brought up on animal cruelty charges. :(

Special call-out to the Russ Merlin "front of curtain" mask act and chair act! He's appeared in countless shows, sometimes in different venues on the same night. If you have not seen the mask act, it's a total scream! :)

13. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the "I've seen a tonne of shows" boat... but assuming you are asking which shows we are happy to have seen that are no longer around I would say:
    - Le Reve at Wynn
    - Viva Elvis at Aria (yes, I'm an Elvis fan!)
    ...speaking of Elvis, they had a show at the Hilton that was in his showroom that was meant to be a replica of one of his original shows when he played there, around the same time they had the Elvis memorabilia set-up there as well. Anyhow, that was cool to see, imagining what it would have been like to actually see one of his shows.
    - Oh and also the Vegas Golden Knights because who knows if we'll ever be able to go into an arena again lol

Shows I would have liked to see, missed opportunities, would be Garth Brooks at Wynn, Danny Gans at Mirage or Wynn, Jersey Boys at Venetian or Paris, Phantom of the Opera at Venetian, and maybe Lance Burton at Monte Carlo. I would have also liked to see a real Vegas showgirls show such as Jubilee.

Top shows I've seen and may have an opportunity to see again would be the Rolling Stones at T-Mobile Arena, Aerosmith at Park Theatre, Elton John and Celine at the Colosseum, Ed Sheeran at T-Mobile Arena, Lady Gaga at MGM Grand, Absinthe, and VGK of course.

14. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I decided to post my entire Vegas & AC shows with my comments I had back a few years ago.
    I was thinking of all the Las Vegas shows I’ve seen over the years I’ve been going. I might have forgotten some. I thought it would be nice to see what shows people have seen and which shows they liked/disliked and a comment. Some shows I hardly remember, but doesn’t mean they were bad. I’ve seen some multiple times. GregRio’s comments on this would be interesting. In no particular order except how I wrote this couple years ago.

Terry Fator – very good enjoyed it

Bette Middler – if you’ve seen her on TV that’s what you got

Gladys Knight – don’t remember but I liked it

Barry Manilow – 2X - wasn’t a fan but won me over – great show

Improv – depends on who’s there usually love someone

Elton John – saw Red Piano and Million Dollar Piano - he was great but I hated the juvenile Phallic symbols on the screen

Jay Leno – saw him twice – better than expected

Jerry Seinfeld – I don’t know why but he fell short

John Pinette – now deceased – one of the funniest shows I’ve seen

Chicago – good but without Peter Cetera

David Copperfield – nothing new - could have watched that on TV

Human Nature – sorry I must be the only one who didn’t like this – I love that music – but I didn’t feel the soul

“O” – saw it twice because I went with different people- liked it

Mystere – saw it three times with different people – liked it

Love – liked it because I like the Beatles

Fab Four – OK – didn’t like Paul

Legends In Concert – I keep going back -seen it about 15 American Superstars – Good but for some reason liked Legends better (maybe Legend dancers?)

Frank and Barbra - IMITATORS – singing good but too much banter

Aerosmith – it was a good show – we were pretty far away

Jubilee – been awhile nothing stands out except taking pictures with the dancers afterward

Frankie Valli – to me Frankie can do no wrong

Scintas – some good some not so

“V” – I was pulled out from the audience – so I hated it first time -saw it again liked it

George Wallace – OK, but don’t remember much

Righteous Brothers - great– saw them just before Bobby Hatfield passed away

Siegfried and Roy – OK saw it twice but they didn’t win me over

Ron Lucas – OK

Mack King - OK

Splash – Don’t remember it

David Brenner – loved him – also talked to him at the airport

EFX 7 – don’t remember

Rita Rudner – liked it

Cheap Trick “Sgt Pepper” – loved them especially they’re own stuff

Nathan Burton – OK

Absinthe – loved it – very raunchy language 3X

Love – good show – I’m a Beatles fan

Penn & Teller – pretty good – Penn talks too much

Rod Stewart – great show

The Eagles – great show - saw in MSG in NY and Vegas -

Both times without Don Felder

Olivia Newton John – good show

The Bronx Wanderers – loved it saw them 4X

Celine Dion great voice– but talked too much

Carrot Top – very funny 4X

Britney Spears – ok – not my style

Vegas the Show – good show

Donny and Marie – saw it in Vegas and AC No Donny but Marie was very good, saw them together and I thought they were great

Meatloaf – saw him a few years ago in NY was good – in Vegas not so great anymore

Raiding the Rock Vault – liked it enough to repeat

The Band Perry – saw them in AC – were great

The Jacksons – saw them in AC – fun evening – good show

Smokey Robinson – saw him twice in AC – loved him the second time – when he sang his oldies

Bill Cosby – saw him in AC – loved the show – too bad about him

Tony Bennett saw him in AC – couldn’t believe he still could sing that well in his 80’s

Peter Cetera – in AC - was great

Rock of Ages – saw it in AC and Vegas

Jersey Boys seen it on Broadway and Vegas – good show

Dionne Warwick – good show enjoyed it

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. mr.vegas

mr.vegas Peace sells, but who's buying?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LIKED:
    Vinnie Favorito
    Norm McDonald
    Alice Cooper

DISLIKED:
    Monte Pythons Spamalot

16. vegascurley

vegascurley Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    forgot to post the show i most disappointed in.definately..Criss Angel...saw it the first year it opened..maybe it just needed to work out the kinks..but not going to take a chance on it.

17. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved Bette Midler at CP.
    Loved Elton John at CP - saw him there twice.
    Cher at Park MGM was OK but still a pleasure. She was so late in arrival, which seemed off for a Vegas show.
    Loved the first time I saw LOVE. lol. The music was amazing and I had no idea what to expect. The starting act was pretty awesome. I didn't like how the show changed later on.
    Zumanity was OK but I liked the fact that it was more artistic adults-only and not some boob-shaking fest like the typical xxx shows.
    Mystere was amazing, esp the Alexis Brothers. That act is iconic.

Ka was meh. Great for kids, I'm sure.
    O was a snoozer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to be of a certain mindset, helped along with various consumables, to truly appreciate it! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My front row seat a year ago September at Rod Stewart will always top my list. I knew every song in his playlist.

The one with the most meaning is Wayne Newton at the Stardust, had to be sometime in the 90s. My mom had moved back to Ohio but when she lived in Texas she went to Vegas a couple of times a year. My 2 sisters and I decided to have mom meet us in Vegas and I bought tix to Wayne for us. In all the years she had gone, she never saw a show, she always said she was there to gamble. We had a table up against the stage and we bought her some flowers she could give Wayne. At one point she stood up to give him his flowers he came over and kissed her on the cheek and she said “I love you Wayne” and he said “I love you to sweetie”, OMG......Wayne broke the ice queen! Mom wasn’t a smiler and she would rather gripe and complain than to just be happy so to see her with this big goofy smile was priceless.

Hubby’s birthday and anniversary trip.
    Are you really going 10 days after your February trip?
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  20. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or just love Monty Python ;-)

Hubs LOVED EFX. I thought it was "meh". I'll have to ask him what we saw at Riviera (our first or second trip - back 1999, 2000?) It was a variety show and one act was the motorcycles inside the ball cage?

• Like Like x 1