1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Should I Write a TR???

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by UKFanatic, Jul 28, 2018.

?

What trip report(s) do you want to read?

1. A live report from your vegas trips

42.6%
  2. A live report from your vegas and tunica trips

9.8%
  3. Individual reports from all your stops

14.8%
  4. One long live report from all the stops

31.1%
  5. I like polls, but don't read TRs

1.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My partner and I travel a lot, but had to take about six weeks off form travel in June and July. We're starting to catch up a bit (beach resort last weekend and typing this post form a resort in Virginia right now) and August has shaped up to be a big travel month for us. Over the next four weeks we are headed to a Disney water park, Vegas twice, and Tunica.

I am contemplating writing a trip report. And I know I am more likely to do it if I write a live one, with the more interaction and feedback the better. So I am curious what people want to read: a report on the first Vegas trip next month, individual reports for both vegas trips, the Disney park, tunica, or all of the above? If folks are interested in all of them, including the non-vegas jaunts, then I am considering doing one long report that covers everything. Vote in the poll and comment as to your thoughts. Thanks!

I Need Spa
  2. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy a lot of different reports. Especially those with pictures. But more importantly I think trip reports are best for yourself. So in two years or so you can say what was that place we ate at? or what did we do this day? and go back and read it and there it is for you in your own words. I regret my first trip report as I didnt put much detail in it. No pictures. and wrote it in about 5 minutes....13 years later theres a lot I dont remember.

NYNY,Cannery,Sam's Town Jun4-11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  3. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A DWP without going to MK is OMG, are you using OOP, AP or DVC.
    Anyone who has read Disney forums will get the joke about abbreviations.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, the abbreviations on that site drive me crazy!!! Its a whole different language. We had a pass for the water parks back in May, but got rained out of going. The tickets expire in a month, so we decided just to go down there for the weekend and enjoy some typhoon lagoon, I mean TL :thumbsup:

I Need Spa
  5. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UK-i have no shame in admitting my love for your vegas trip reports. bring any and all on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CheeseHog

CheeseHog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love to read all.... just have fun and don't make it a chore!!!

Jeff

• Like Like x 1
  7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like the Vegas whore that I am, I don't care how I get it or what position, as long as I get it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I primarily enjoy Vegas trip reports and if I like the VMBers writing style, I'll seek out their non-Vegas trips too.
    Maybe consider doing a main Vegas report and then adding links to the Disney and Tunica trips,
    so folks can decide whether they want to skip or click on those at another time?
    Of course it's up to you and how much time you want to put into them.
    Wishing you a great time in August with all your adventures.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do YOU read trip reports? Surely if you do it's not because you are there at the same time but because it does fill the gap so write one and let the rest of us gap fillers have a purpose; but please, no run-on sentences.

10. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as they don’t start out with “Got up at 2:00 A.M to make the 200 mile drive to Milwaukee. Along the way, we stopped for coffee and donuts somewhere outside of Green Bay. Traffic was very bad in Milwaukee, but we did get to see Brewers Stadium. Love the Brew Crew. Since we were 6 hours early for our flight, we stopped at a cute German restaurant for Bratwurst and eggs. The boys were wearing lederhosen. My better half couldn’t take her eyes off them. Then we proceeded to Milwaukee Airport for our 2:00 P.M flight to Vegas. Woohoo:headbang: We scored A34 and A35 Early Bird boarding passes on Southwest, so me and the little lady were pretty gosh darn excited. No milkin’ the cows today!!’ Next, we change planes in St. Louis.

(See what I mean. No paragraphs. Why am I still reading this. Tomorrow they are going to see the cheese display at Bellagio after ogling the fountains for 2 hours and giving the guy with the buy me a beer sign a tenner because that just tickled the shit out Ralph and Eleanor.)

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gravitate toward non-Vegas and non-gambling TRs. I love Vegas, but when you get down to it, we're all essentially staying in the "same" accomms and doing the "same" thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Farner

Farner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only read Vegas TR as they allow me to virtually ‘live’ the experience. I rarely use them for intel, the TR is feeding my Vegas addiction (I guess I am on step one, admitting).

• Like Like x 2
  13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I really regret not writing up my Disneyland/Vegas combo trip for the forum in Sept. 2013. I have wrote Vegas TRs ever since and they are a lot more in my memory.

Lol, yeah those can be rough.

Fortunately @UKFanatic does remember to take pics and use paragraphs. I'm also guilty of being wordy/detailed, but I do try to also use paragraph breaks and pictures.

I'm willing to read it all, UK. I have never been to TL yet. Lol

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mudhen

Mudhen Always in Dutch

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say, if you want to write a trip report, then you should. Someone will read it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't worry. I like paragraphs. And cheese

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel the same. But I don't want to post stuff on a Vegas board that nobody has an interest in. Fortunately for these trips, there will be a few vegas things that I don't think I have seen anyone on here writing about. So Hopefully that will keep people interested

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Breeze147 I pondered all sorts of replies to this post since we do have a 40 mile drive to Milwaukee (Mitchell International Airport) and we do like brats and cheese, but just said screw it. Not worth the effort.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Write it, and they will come.

Inspired from a movie I liked. (Field of Dreams)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you on the cheese :feedme:

I Need Spa
  20. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was getting a little worried when reading this, because I enjoy most of the details like this. Sometimes I skip over a section but I like having the option.

I have to agree with Breeze on the paragraphs though. Some like to include every fact which is great but a trip report needs to pause for air once in a while. Commas, paragraphs and pictures work wonders. Still, everyone should write how they like as someone will read them.

UK, you should write the trip reports if you feel like it.

I'm not a fan of live reports (but realize I'm in the minority). I do enjoy reports and pics from places I've never been though or am not likely to visit. Because it's been a while since I've been to Vegas, I don't read many trip reports these days. But random destinations - I love. I'll catch up on the Vegas reports I've missed when I'm anticipating my next trip to Vegas!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.