1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Should I just quit

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by searchin, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. searchin

searchin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are no good rewards anymore. I was on a mission to get enough points for a carnival cruise and now they are not even listed.
    Even the monorail is off the table.

2. stormins

stormins Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would hold out a bit. A lot of rewards get taken down around the new year, but most of them will repopulate. I would check in a few days.

Monorail rewards are live now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sort of in the same situation. Spent a lot of time over the past six months trying to get loyalty points built up. The special rates offers I was hoping to take advantage of are not available for the day I want. (Saturday before NCAA tourney so I was expecting it.) Now it seems my only real choice is bogo on a buffet. For now think I will pass and just continue to play passively for fun and keep stocking up LP's in case something comes along.

4. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I generated a decent stockpile and used three rewards on my last trip to not even put a dent. I figured I saved $100-$150. On an hourly rate of time spent playing, no logical sense at all - would have been much better off working another hour at my desk and earning real $ to spend! My program is currently to log on facebook each day get my morning points and usually do the same at the end of the day. I would actually play my points each Friday afternoon but, it has been a few weeks since I have enve done that. I am not expecting to hit Vegas in 2018 but, you never know. I will continue with the program but, certainly not stress over missing a day or two or three or....

Delano
    Caesars
  5. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a free room at Aria for my trip in April.

Back at Wynncore Where I Belong!
  6. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked and monorail is still on mine. Are you sure your location service is on and they don't think you are in Vegas?

Our Dallas Stars playing the Golden Knights.
  7. Daani

Daani Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, I wonder if Las Vegas is the only place you want to go to. There are many rewards for places all over. We just went to Biloxi/New Orleans over New Year and used 2 dinner, 2 nitrogen Cocktails and drinks at another bar. It saves money and there is more money to gamble. Even if it's not a lot, whatever a lot is to some, it's money after taxes. Over the years, between my husband and myself we have saved thousands on shows, dinners, rooms and other things. Why quit if playing the game is something you can do on the side while watching the news or a movie.

8. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it wasn't for the room rewards I'd be out. I cashed in a night at Mirage on my last trip and am currently banking up LP's for rooms for my summer trip. Other rewards are so hard to get or I've already used them so now they aren't available.

I'm finding a growing problem too is Mlife desk wait lines. I was going to use a Rice & Co. reward at Luxor on my Xmas trip but every time I went by the desk it was 15 people deep. Not wasting a half hour or more of Vegas time to save $50 on sushi. They should work on a system where when you redeem a reward it just loads up automatically on your Mlife card. Would save a ton of time and frustration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Carnival rewards come and go. They're not gone for good.

10. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man, from your lips to god's ears! The worst part is that when you get up there, they usually don't even need your reward code because they can see it from their screen! They could save a lot of hassle by letting people just redeem purchased rewards from their phone. I know there would still be exceptions like the "stay required" rewards, but there's absolutely no reason they couldn't just send everything else to your MLife card.

11. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do the Cirque show tickets come back?
    in the early days, i redeemed several cirque show tickets
    got to watch O,Ka (twice), Zumanity, and Zarkana thanks to Myvegas rewards
    i was really hoping to get the Beatles Love and MJ One as well ... but now i don't see any Cirque shows available

12. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in the day you had to book hotel and show tickets over the phone. They have definitely improved the process a bit, but still some room for improvement no doubt.

13. VivaSladeVegas

VivaSladeVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HUGE reason why I've given up. Sure, it'd be nice to get a 2-1 Starbucks or $15 match play at Luxor but are they worth half an hour of valuable Vegas time?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. atomicboy

atomicboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    myvegas sucks, I threw in the towel and deleted my acct/app. I get free rooms and resort credit through mlife whenever I want to go and I don't cruise so what is the point.

15. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shows are back, but have fun booking them

My buddy and I bought tickets last night and the website would not let us book them. I called and they waived the $15 fee to do it over the phone but still was a pain.

16. AceOfVegas

AceOfVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I've been having a blast with it. I'm still mainly getting tickets and rooms since I don't gamble much and just doing short getaways through the week. Usually saves me $3 - 400 bucks a trip at least. It helps that I live pretty close and a plane ticket to Vegas is cheaper than a bust ticket to Vegas is, and takes an 1/8th of the time. That and a few of the games are kinda fun. The BlackJack helps me keep up with basic strategy, and I've found out all the games that require very little attention. I usually play for an hour or two while I video edit. 1 or 2k LP during the week 3 - 5k during the weekends. A month of decent play usually subsidizes half my little getaway weekends. It doesn't pay for the whole stay like it used to, but it's still pretty cool if you like Mandalay or Mirage.

Just my two cents. The only gripe I have is a lot of rewards don't work on weekends.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.