1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Should I buy Absinthe tickets now?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Terry Benedict, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going in May. On Ticketmaster they are $112 after taxes and fees. Are there discounts out there? Is it worth waiting?

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That price is with the current promo discount of $25. That's the same discount they'd give you at the ticket office. So, unless the fees are different, the price is the same.

Bill

3. Ay Caramba

Ay Caramba Sprinkle My Ashes Along LV Blvd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We bought Absinthe tickets at the last minute through our concierge (early Jan trip), who used vegas.com. We had "back row" seats, but the venue is so small that it really didn't matter. Plus, the people in the front row got heckled by the ringmaster, so we didn't mind being tucked toward the back a bit. Our tickets were just over $100 AI if i recall.

I've also seen Absinthe listed on tix4tonight.com quite frequently, so I don't think they're that hard to get. You might wait and save some money.

I'm Getting Too Old For This | 50th Birthday WildOut
  4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In September they were 100ish at the box office, but if you were staying at caesars you could get 20% off. Tix4tonite was cheaper than that, but limited quantities so you might not get it.

I echo the other comments. Small venue and you dont want the "best" seats unless you have a thick skin and want to be part of the show.

5. bring_the_rukus

bring_the_rukus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i recommend using bestofvegas.com. i used them for our last trip and got two tickets in the 3rd row for 82.80 each and that included all taxes and fees. it looks like the price is the same for shows this coming May.

6. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

Get a discount tic...
    Sit in the back...
    You'll have a great time.

7. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just bought 4th row Valentines Day tickets for $82 each at showtickets.com

8. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got discounted tickets from Ticketmaster for $64 each after taxes and charges those two tickets cost me $172.50.

9. IDoLuvVegas

IDoLuvVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they still hand out $20 off coupons in the courtyard by the Absinthe tent during the day? We saw the show a couple of years ago and a person was handing out these coupons that you then used at a small ticket booth outside the tent.

It is a great show, but as others have said, don't sit in the front unless you want to possibly be ridiculed. When we saw it it was open seating except for the VIP section. We sat midway up on the aisle and had a great view of everything.

10. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly what we did for our fall trip. We ordered them by credit card once we got to Vegas, 2-3 days in advance of the show. And we were four or five rows from the stage. Not an obvious target for heckling, but close enough to see the pores of the performers. Loved the deal we got for less than $100/ticket.

11. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We picked up tickets on Wednesday afternoon for the Wednesday evening early show. We grabbed the $20 coupon from the guy out in front of the venue and got two 5th row seats at the Box Office for a grand total of $151.80. They were great seats - any closer would have been too close for me personally! I wouldn't want to get poked in the eye ;)

Even after reading reviews here I wasn't sure what to expect - I laughed so hard my face and my gut hurt!!

12. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I'll won't get tickets before our trip.

I am amazed that this show is rated so highly, such great word of mouth, in a small theater, and isn't sold out a month in advance.

13. realjwstorm

realjwstorm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ordered our 2 tickets to Absinthe for Mar 3rd .. Grand total $163.29 from Bestofvegas.com .. same exact price as showtickets.com .. and best price I could find online

14. Venute

Venute Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same is the case here@

15. Kbaby Girl

Kbaby Girl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did the same, mid-October, it was the highlight of our trip! You do need to have an "open minded sense of humor". We are age 50 and it was hilarious!! :haha::wink2:

16. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same question and I think I'm just gonna wait till I'm there to buy them as well.

I've heard this show was really good but never really knew what it was about. I found a video on youtube that showed the intro to the show and after only watching 1 minute of it I knew I had to see it.

17. thedukeofdublin

thedukeofdublin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks folks - just picked up the same offer in section 3 row d seats 5-6.

Close enough & far away.

Bringing the misses for a surprise:eek:

Sounds right up our street:drunk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.