1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shave in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by vegas_runner, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas_runner

vegas_runner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there, I've always wanted to have a shave in Las Vegas by a professional. I will be staying at the Venetian this month. Can anyone share a recommendation for me? Thanks for you help!

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    El Cortez believe it or not... on the second floor.....old school barber shop

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had one professional shave in my life and it was last year at Gold Coast. Nice barber shop, good prices.

4. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the Canal Shopes, at the Venetian, is an Art of Shaving store where you can get a professional shave. Get the Royal Shave (hot towels, pre-shave oils, a straight razor shave and then a facial and shoulder/neck massage). Make a reservation before you arrive (702) 836-9419

5. soxfan70

soxfan70 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it twice - Once at Venetian's Art of Shaving, once at Presidential barber shop near the Stratosphere . I shave my head daily, so I did the Royal head and facial shave both times. I have to say I was unimpressed on both occasions. Not sure if my expectations were too high, but I won't be doing it a third time when I'm there next week.

6. mansam

mansam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for Johnny at Bellagio at their Salon ~ a Great experience! Like going back in time listening to Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald, etc. Terrific stories from him. The Royal Shave is $65 (almost an hour) & he shaves twice both ways, plus a refreshing masque plus an after shave spritz. You won't need to shave for 2 days afterwards it's that close!. They have less expensive ones too but it's a wonderful experience.

Back to Wynn to Win!
  7. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never had a straight razor shave, always wanted to though, we have a place in New Orleans on fulton street called Aiden Gill.you can get a haircut, shave, an alcoholic beverage all at the same time...

whats weird is I found out that harrahs will comp there for a haircut/shave ect. but if you use Harrahs, they cannot us a straight razor with a comp...thought this was really strange

8. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it at the Mirage and it was a pretty great experience.

9. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually get a shave every trip to Vegas. I have had shaves at Aria, Bellagio and Palazzo Canyon Ranch Spa. I am now pretty much a regular at Aria so that seems to be where I go now exclusively. I think the job that Luba, at Aria Spa, does is excellent. Barber services at Aria do not give you access to the spa itself though. The Canyon Ranch experience is excellent as well. It has been several years since I've been there but the shave was great and so was the ambiance. The barber played some nice smooth jazz and was very friendly. This shave came with access to their entire spa which is very nice. My Bellagio experiences have been just blah. A good shave and nice enough barbers, but really nothing to it. I find the Bellagio Spa underwhelming overall so that might be part of it. At any of the strip properties you are looking at about $65 for a royal shave. For me it is a great treat and something I really look forward to each trip.

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As to Art of Shaving, I've never been in Vegas, but I've gone twice in here in New York and was similarly unimpressed. I have pretty thick facial hair, so maybe it's just me, but one time I actually had to go back and shave again afterwards because there was so much stubble left.

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is this located in Mirage?

12. vegas_runner

vegas_runner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, thank you so much for the advice. I think I'm going to do the Bellagio. It sounds perfect. Thanks everyone for sharing.

13. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The spa. There is one dude who is a barber and has a room to himself.

14. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gracias. I've never been on the spa level.

15. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time to spend a few bucks on a shavette. its a straight razor that takes a double edge blade. just snap the de blade in half lengthwise and clip it into the razor.

Gives a great shave and is fun to practice on yourself with. just pay attenton. You might nick yourself a few times but nothing that bad. i use mine now with cold water shaving. works better then hot, has something to do with the steel in the blade they say, who knows but its neat to do.

17. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gotten shaves at Bellagio, Art of Shaving (Mandalay Bay), El Cortez, and Aria. I'd have to be another to recommend the Royal Shave at Bellagio, and count me as another vote for you to hope you get Johnny as your barber.

He was my barber during my first ever straight razor shave in 2006, and I was lucky enough to have him again in May of this year. He's still awesome.

I didn't know Luba moved over to Aria. I knew she was at Bellagio for a while, as she's shaved me before. My only experience at Aria in 2009 during the opening week was rather underwhelming.

18. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like I would get razor bumps from this!!!

July 19th - July 24th
  19. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mantic59, the Sharpologist, who is a writer on traditional shaving spoke highly of the shave at Wynn and Canyon Ranch. Here is a link: http://sharpologist.com/?s=vegas

20. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a haircut and Royal Shave at the Art of Shaving at the MB shoppes last week. That was my 3rd or 4th experience there and it was great as always. Some people do a "Spa" day while in Vegas; I consider my appointment at the Art of Shaving my Spa experience. The haircut and shave takes almost an hour and a half. They shave you twice...once with the grain and again against the grain of your beard....very close, smooth shave and no skin irritation afterwards. Ask for Jack, one of the barbers, he is a great guy and a real artist with a razor.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.