1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sharing room rate codes

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by bnlphan, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm guessing this is the most appropriate place for this.

So I saw on another site people posting rate codes publicly for others to use.

Raised a couple of questions.

1. Does this even work for anyone to use a code that was sent to a particular person?
    2. Is this even an acceptable means to getting a better rate from a moral standpoint I guess. Seems to me that as much as I dislike some of the things the resorts do, that this is just taking advantage of something that in the end will hurt offers for everyone. Sharing with a friend of family member I can see, but public sharing of a special rate for Joe Schmuck 1000 miles away to take advantage of. Not sure this even makes good sense to me.

2. jtf

jtf Low-Roller

I would think if the code was specific for the individual, it would only work for that person. Many codes are more generic. I see no problem with sharing them. Sharing information can be a good thing.

On my other trip -- I did not bother using the military discount with Troop ID, because it stated it was 10% off -- and that was much less of a "discount" than I booked for. I didn't not realize at that time (as I did not have the information) that the 10% off stacks with other codes, and takes 10% off the already discounted room rate. I am glad I know that now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.