1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Share your Christmas Village 2021 Edition

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ffejry, Nov 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanted to add... This year was challenging. I was able to raise the curtains to the top. I omitted the other wall because it was too much work to hang it. I got new lights that twinkle (maybe I'll do a video?). I ran out of room last year, but I used less styrofoam this year which somehow gave me more room. I'll probably end up buying a beer pong table at some point next year to give myself some more room to work with. The layout is pretty much L shaped, so the beer pong table will fit in nicely, if I can find a height adjustable one. It's not like I won't get use out of it when I'm with friends during the spring, summer, and fall seasons, haha.

My friends have been gifting me new pieces including the Griswold house and garage from Christmas Vacation. Amazingly, I didn't run out of room.

I also totally forgot I bought a bar for the village (finally! These ceramic villagers need a drink too!). I also bought a train track that goes back and forth. Unfortunately, it can't stay flat so I had to use a yardstick and attach some black foam thing underneath for the weight. It is easy for the train to get caught up in the fluff. So that'll be the last thing I work on.

Overall, 90 percent of the foundation is finished. And I can't wait to see the final product!

Mom also gifted me some Legos for the village so that'll be an interesting addition too!

Can't wait to see yours!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the night sky backdrop. Might wanna fix the rip, though....it looks like the Chitauri are coming through the time/space continuum to pillage NYC.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's no rip. It's actually two curtains. I need to safety pin the two together but waiting for additional snow fluff before I go through that. Took the picture a few minutes after setting it up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's awesome. I wish I had the space to do that (plus, literally nobody comes into my condo).

On a related note, I somehow didn't realize that The Great Christmas Light Fight is back this year, and while it's a little weird watching it while it's 75+ degrees outside, I love that show.

6. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is an impressive Christmas Village, I'm just getting started this year :) Will post soon.

7. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow that is looking good! I appreciate the reminder. I uncovered this so far and think there's another box. We can't have nice things because...well, you know.:D I'm going to take them down to the vendor mall where I have space and see if I can sell them. If not, donate.

20211129_163020.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20211205_153359.jpg 20211205_153426.jpg 20211205_153436.jpg 20211205_153442.jpg 20211205_153449.jpg 20211205_153501.jpg 20211205_153502.jpg 20211205_154107.jpg 20211205_154113.jpg 20211205_154119.jpg Here's some pictures! More to come later when it gets done plus a video!

Having hard time seeing thumbnails on phone when uploading so apologies if duplicates!

20211205_153359.jpg 20211205_153426.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  9. lucky02

lucky02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks great! Love the fountain

10. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    308B41B2-53C1-4376-8E42-32AE30B1B873.jpeg

This is mine so far. I don’t feel like revamping our living space to accommodate the whole village so this is the main part, with other houses scattered throughout the house.

That damn tree is supposed to light up. Gonna see if a handy friend can fix it. Tried a battery powered tea light but it’s too big.

I’m stalking a cousin eddie figurine online, and some other mini Vegas stuff that lights up to make it more warm and fuzzy!

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanksgiving day hubby got the boxes down, Saturday I set the table up. Last Monday I bought new battery operated lights that will glue easier to the back of the houses better than the ones I tried last year.....then I lost my steam. I kept telling myself I’d set them up Sunday. Sunday I got the hot glue gun out and looked at hubs and said “I’m just not feeling this”, so I had him put the boxes back up and I put the table away. I should have put them together Thanksgiving weekend when I was motivated. This year I’ll just have to enjoy all of y’alls villages.

Happy birthday to me!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel this. I went into the basement and just said, whatever I find goes up, not hunting for the whole set.
    34B9F105-99E4-40F6-880E-057C52ECE650.jpeg

Fixed the tree, looking much better.

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
    • Love Love x 1
  13. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love villages (don't have any myself - don't feel like making/finding space - though I've thought about adding a couple houses/businesses under the tree when we put the train up) Every year, I decide how/what I feel like decorating based on my energy level. We only decorate for ourselves anyway. This year the tree (faux, tons of lights) is up with its topper, but we aren't putting ornaments up and we aren't doing the train. Last year we did the train and the ornaments. I'll live vicariously through others - thank you for sharing!

(on pinterest, I saw a cute bookshelf in the shape of a triange/christmas tree with the village on each shelf - I loved that display!!)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.