1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Seven Stars, Sky Suites, Stupid Slots, Six Night Sojourn. A CaptainJack Trip Report.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by CaptainJack, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAWDAWG33

RAWDAWG33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was completly worth waiting for. Wicked awesome comeback, and to soar into a very nice profit on top of that is sweet as well. Enjoyed the read, thanks for sharing with us all.

2. Wazza

Wazza Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great turnaround, congratulations! Really enjoyed the TR. we are staying at Aria on our next visit in December and have been offerred a sky suite so great to hear how good they are.

How do you trigger a spin on the bonus wheel. I have not seen that before, but then I dont play much VP

3. VegasBaby!

VegasBaby! Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great report!

4. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome trip report! Thanks for taking the time to add all the details. I had zero luck at ARIA over Halloween, dropping 5k. Good to know someone is picking up some wins there as I saw only 3 jackpots in the 3 nights I was there, and I play primarily high limits. Going back tonight, staying at Bellagio, and still in search of the elusive Royal! Congratulations again on your winning trip!

5. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very nice comeback, always tough to continue playing through losing streaks, but good to hear where it worked out.

6. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Epic TR! Thanks for sharing!

7. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great read as usual. Congratulations on the epic turnaround. Seems strange that the Aria host had to touch your ECs given the high level of play, but I'm not sure what comp value the Sky Suites have. Given the recent changes to Mlife, perhaps hosts are obliged to take something from ECs just to keep their bosses happy.

8. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    excitement -> check!
    pic's -> check!
    Lots of gambling -> check!
    big wins -> check!
    restaurant reviews -> check!

I'd say everything you need in a great TR

9. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for sharing!

10. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, thanks! Gotta love the turn around.........I did the same on my trip last week, alas it was only on nickel VP, but three Royal Flushes!

11. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent come back and fabulous photo of the build a wheel. I play that every trip to Aria, but haven't hit the big one yet. My favorite game there is the DSTP or just the STP single line in the five star poker machine. We just got back from four days at Wynn......I needed 2 royals to get even on dollars.....but wasn't as fortunate as you were.

I love the Sky Suites there and have also noticed that there is no waiting for an elevator ever.

I noticed you said no more alcohol in the lounge......does that include wine? We were there in October and they were still serving wine but nothing else on the alcohol front.

Thanks again for a great report.

12. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone...to answer a couple of the questions posted:

- A Build a Wheel spin is triggered once you fill in all 6 pie slices to complete the wheel. You get pie slices by getting dealt a 3-of-a-kind or better. If you get dealt a Full House or better, all remaining pie slices fill-in with that amount. You can read more about it at WizardofOdds.com or Videopoker.com

- To be honest, they may still have the evening wine at Sky Suites, I don't think we were ever in the lobby area in the evening. Typically, I hit it up early morning before I went out to the machines, and then sometime in the early afternoon for a beverage. By evening, we were usually running late for dinner or show reservations.

13. PrincessaMyron

PrincessaMyron Low-Roller

Holy Smoke!

Wonderful TR and what an amazing roller-coaster of fiscal excitement! In the whole scheme of things, I have realized that you are a whale and hubby and I are guppies!

Keep the good luck alive - we're going in Dec!

lauren in TX

14. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Captain! Awesome report and happy you pulled out a win after such a disastrous start to the gambling. Going back to look for previous trip reports you may have produced.

I cannot say it enough to all the trip writers. Thanks! It is such an enjoyable diversion when I get to read them.

15. Jenx72

Jenx72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW! I just love reading High Roller TR! Being a Low Roller,this for me is stuff dreams are made of!!:thumbsup:

16. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious -- have you been audited by IRS for claiming and reporting gaming income/(loss) as self-employed business?

For self-employment business, do you pay additional social security tax and medicare tax which are associated with your gaming income?

17. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the best heart-pumping thriller! Love your trip report very much and I would rank it as one of the BEST trip reports at VMB. The Royal Flush at $5 machine is Creme de la Creme --- every VP player's ultimate dream. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for sharing your masterpiece with us. :nworthy:

18. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not yet been audited, but I'm prepared to be if that day comes. I keep records and receipts of everything. Filing Schedule C I'm forced to pay Self-Employment taxes. Honestly though, it is well-worth it. Even if I have a year with very little profit or no profit, it would be worth it as Schedule A would cause my AGI to be out of control. I've never had to declare a net loss, but recent IRS rulings indicate that is permissible for a Sch C filer with large expenses.

19. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you considered S corp? and if so what was your experience, or what did you learn? I would be scared to Sch. C my gambling, but might be comfortable going S corp route. The one thing I know is I'm sick of the AGI beat down and guessing next year an itemized deduction limitation will make the normal 1040 treatment a complete non-starter. My current plan is to just reduce stakes.

20. boo

boo Guest

Sorry to bring this off topic but I need some tax advice. I'm unemployed and have about 60K in W2G forms. What would you recommend me file as? I have an appointment with H&R block but I'd rather walk in there with some idea. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.