1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Semi Live: May 6th - May 13th 1st time Bally's stay and Cosmo

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mrjvegas, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved it! Thanks!

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just caught back up to this. Nice report! Hope you do better next time!

Thought about trying to catch up with you, @jENBEAU, and @Geogran as well over the trip. But on our trip, we were constantly running around it seems. And the things I did try to coordinate with others seemed to fall through anyway. :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mike G

Mike G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! Loved the slot play and Bellagio fountain pics. I have a few new slots I need to find now!
    I always end my Vegas trips with a trip to Cinnabon. :)

Rest and Relaxation
  4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fabulous report! I have never tried the Austin Powers slot but will definitely give it a try.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was a bit tempted to again as it's getting harder to find. The one time I tried it at Red Rock, I bricked 12 of 13 spins and quit, iirc. But that's a terribly small sample, which means nothing of course.

6. mrjvegas

mrjvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally getting around to putting a bow on this one......

The To do list:

1.) Stick to my low rolling guns at Bally's

I was proud of this one. I was well below my loss limit at Bally's and played a lot there.

2.) Play the Simpson's game and get all bonuses

Finally hit all of the bonuses on the Simpsons slot and man what a fun game that is.

3.) Play the cow slot machine that everyone is having fun on and hit that special ufo :alien: cow bonus thingy.:evillaugh:

Played the heck out of the slot and spent who knows how many hundreds of dollars looking for the unicorn cow bonus and it never happened. I saw it flash up on my screen maybe 5 times the entire time I played the game.

4.) Smoke copious amounts of hookah. Once again I bought my own hookah for this trip and will be taking it out to vegas to abuse my lungs.

I smoked heavily........My lungs took a beating, but feel pretty damn good a week later.
    5.) Get and maintain a solid alcohol buzz daily.:drunk:

I did not have a solid alcohol buzz the entire trip......getting old I guess.

6.) Treat Mom and Sis to Secrete Pizza while watching the sun go down from the Balcony at Cosmo

This was checked off in fine fashion and both of them couldn't get enough of the view and the water shows. They both loved the pizza as well.

7.) Come home with more than $500. That's not $500 more than what I went out to Vegas with....that's $500 left in my dag gone envelope.o_O

This didn't happen......I think I came home with $13 bucks. Ouch

8.) Laugh and giggle with Mom and Sister each day and cherish the seconds we have together.

We had a terrific time together as always.

A few random thoughts from the trip.

1.) Bally's slot selection is abysmal. They had none of the new games. The Godfather was their newest game. Lame.

2.) Bally's room was very nice and renovated. The shower was the very best shower that I have ever been in. The water pressure was phenomenal.
    3.) Bally's bed was incredibly comfortable. Best bed I have slept in so far in Vegas. (moves ahead of Aria and Cosmo)
    4.) I got carded 5 times while playing blackjack at Bally's. It got old.......It's been 19 years, 30 pounds and 974 white hairs since I was 21. It's not flattering to be carded when you don't look anything like 21. It's like when you have somebody say to you "WOW you look GREAT how much weight have you lost?!?" Meanwhile in the 2 years that it has been since you've seen that person you have packed on 30 lbs and look like a mack truck hit ya in the face. You are terrible at your job if you are carding 40 year olds that look like me. (fat, wrinkles, and more white hairs than frosty the snow man)
    5.) Cosmo's game selection was once again fantabulous. New slots?.....lol. Yeah every one of the best and newest and multiples of them. My favorite slots were the Simpson's, Austin Powers, and the Goonies.
    6.) The malt shakes at Cosmo......wow. If you like malts its a must.
    7.) The room and view at Cosmo were as advertised. Simply amazing hookah sessions overlooking paradise.

Looks as though I will be heading back to Vegas in August with the Hookah King. Until then it's off to celebrate my Dad's 70th birthday this week in Cleveland Ohio. Tribe baseball and J.A.C.K. ! I will fire that TR up Tuesday night for those interested in those festivities.

Take care VMB

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the wrapup. We are staying at Ballys in a few weeks. Glad you had a great time with your mom and sis. Happy Birthday to your dad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.