1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Semi-live 80 hours in Vegas (Plaza, solo) 50+ pictures guaranteed!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by notfromconcentrate, Jul 29, 2017.

1. notfromconcentrate

notfromconcentrate Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks for the kind words, recommendations, and sympathies about 31!

If I'm ever in Fort Worth, I'll definitely make a point to go for that. I love a good margarita, and love a rave recommendation such as yours. So that has been noted.

---
    Edited to add: The fact that "no spice" will be difficult to accommodate is a very good thing, in my opinion. It may present a challenge for me, but the way I see it is that if traditionally spicy food can easily be made without spice, then that's an immediate red flag for a lack of authenticity. I can say this firsthand from my knowledge of Italian food, and I've also experienced it in Indian food. I suspect the same principles will apply to Mexican food.
    ---

That margarita at Palazzo will definitely go on the list, too. Every single trip will bring me to V/P to hit Zeffirino's, so perhaps that will be a nice after-dinner treat on the next trip down. Out of curiosity, do you know which particular bar/place might serve this? I recall there being a cantina in the canal shops, but it's a huge complex, so I'd much rather ask than assume.

2. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at some sort of "guest" happy-hour thing, with an open bar...somewhere on a high floor... they had an actual bar with bartender, tables, couches, restroom, etc... I think I tipped $5 for my 'free' margarita.

Someone who is more familiar with the Palazzo may be able to provide more information on that.

Fall Trip has become a Late Summer Trip!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. notfromconcentrate

notfromconcentrate Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh! I forgot to add the most important thing to cap off this trip report. Since I couldn't make it down to Piero's for ossobucco, I made my own the other night...

That's a 10-ish oz cut of veal ossobucco, done in a from-scratch tomato sauce with carrots and celery, over a risotto that had a wisp of tomato sauce added to it for a shadow of flavour consistency.

I had to kind of rush this recipe, since cooking ossobucco properly takes 4+ hours and is best done in a large batch. Sadly, since I'm cooking only for myself, that much time isn't worth it for just one serving. But if I was having a dinner party, I'd be slow-cooking it for sure. I'll try to remember this flavour to see how it stacks up against Piero's for when I actually go there.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its looks as gloriously stinky as I had hoped! Well done my friend!

• Love Love x 1
  5. Philo2020

Philo2020 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long term lurker and seldom poster. Thank your for the trip report, helps me get through the long days between trips to the promised land. Love to hear how people spend their time solo in Vegas (I am there often for work but only once or twice a year with my wife). Thanks for the great read and keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  6. 4Vegas

4Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. I hope you're next trip (and report) is soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Downtowner

Downtowner Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report. For ossobucco aficiandos try Andiamo's at the D. Excellent service, menu & wine. A big plus is that whatever Italian wine you order will coincidentally have been grown and bottled in the waiter's boyhood village. Also, a few miles east down Tropicana from the strip is Sergio's Italian Gardens. It's.been a few years since I've gone but really good ossobucco.Less expensive lunch menu. Plus a grand pianist tickling the ivories while you twirl your marrow spoon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DanO

DanO Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. You sure crammed a lot in! Will be headed back in October and although I've been prob 20 or more times I always learn something new. Definitely going to check out Zefferinos and 107 at the Strat. Thanks!