1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Selling Final Four Tickets

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Criminole, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone sold final four tickets before? I got them this year and have two for sale. Don't know where seats are yet and won't know until December. Would like to sell to a friend but would also like to make some money. What is fair price? They were around $170 each. I guess I should wait to see where they are as the seats may be better than I imagine.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you sell on one of those stub hub or other ticket brokers, they rake you over the coals with all their fees. unless they're really good seats and going for a huge price, you're often better just trying craigs list or selling them to a friend or something like that. by the time you pay all their fees, you may end up just barely breaking even though the person paid 30% over face value.

3. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sell a lot of tix on both SH and CL. Obviously CL is preferable due to no fees, but SH reaches a much larger audience, plus it's generally easier. SH takes 15% from the seller and adds 10% to the buyer's price. So if you paid $170 per ticket, you would need to sell them for $200 a piece to break even. To know what you'll make on SH, just take your listing price, multiply by your number of tix, and multiply that by 0.85. So if you listed yours at $200 a pop, times 2 tix is $400, times 0.85 is $340 for the pair.

CL tends to be more effective for local and lower priced tix, while SH tends to do better for more expensive, higher profile events. You can also list them on both, marking them up on SH to compensate for the fees. Keep an eye on the pricing trends as the event approaches, and go from there.

4. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very helpful, THANKS! I purchased extra tickets for Ray Romano & Kevin James and have been looking at ways to sell them.

5. grosx2

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem, one thing to add....if you do list them on both sites (no reason not to) and you reach an agreement with a buyer on CL, make sure you deactivate/delete your SH posting immediately. Otherwise, your SH offer could be accepted by a buyer, which you really can't back out of. SH frowns on canceling a sale without a legitimate reason, and they don't provide any possible way for buyers and sellers to contact each other, for obvious reasons (namely, allowing buyer/seller contact would be eliminating the need for StubHub!)

6. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    exactly right, the larger audience generally means you can sell your tickets for any event you have (in my experience anyway)

I don't mind the fee part...cost of doing business- its their cut for making the market and to insure all of the transactions (which I've had to take advantage before as a buyer)

7. grosx2

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true. Although I'm more than happy to sell tix on CL, I will NEVER purchase them on CL. Far too easy to get stuck with bogus tix, with no real recourse. As a buyer, I'm more than happy to pay SH an extra 10% to guarantee my purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.