1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

See ya, City of Angels - I'm off to Sin City (a SoCal to Vegas Relocation Report)

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by luck.ofthe.draw, Nov 18, 2021.

1. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Vegas is Fabulous When You Degen Responsibly ;)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh it’s documented - she’s *been* there already, as a tourist ;):haha:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wishing you and your furry pals and the wet one too a great new start in your new home. Honestly a little jealous not just because of your chosen location, but because it’s fun switch things up.

Van Morrison and Birthday Trip
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Color me shocked if you havent won that bet already!

Somewhere in Las Vegas
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Burnsie

Burnsie High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! Best of luck in your new digs!

Now go get those kitties and bring them home! :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    Harrah's ATLANTIC CITY
    • Love Love x 1
  5. El Jugador

El Jugador Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I greatly respect your commitment to follow through on your dream. Congrat's and best of luck!

Family Christmas Trip
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will really feel like home once Jackson and Chloe are there.

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Agree Agree x 6
  7. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What an exciting new adventure! I’m jealous!!

Your trip reports are certain to change, but don’t stop doing them! “LOTD 12/4 - 12/6 home depot, Vons, cheese shop”

A low strip trip? Could be….
    Boom! A comp arrives and I can’t say no
    • Funny Funny x 13
  8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the move.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. fudgewapner

fudgewapner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of luck! I lived in LA for nine years, from early 20s onward, and I get the desire to try something else. I also lived in Seattle for a year, and Indianapolis for 3. With remote work, I really hope more people like you dive into living someplace new every couple of years. It gets people exposed to other areas and perspectives! Or in your case exposed to day drinking and video poker - but you get the idea.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks friends and followers!!

I am definitely looking forward to this new chapter. LA was just....too expensive, too crazy. And man, gas here in NV still averages $1.20/gal less than CA! Can't wait to see what Costco prices are like! :haha:
    Single and ready to mingle, let's go! (Jk, I'm not ready to mingle. I don't know you people, get away from me). I gotta say though, the people I've encountered out here doing regular things are already way nicer than the people I encounter in LA doing regular things. It's refreshing. Much like when I was scoping out TX, the positive attitudes and kindness will get you far than being gruff or an asshole. :blah:

Moving on! I am sitting on the shuttle to the airport. This is the lightest I think I've ever flown, just my jacket and a purse! Feels weird.

Dropped my best friend off first, got coffee.....now gonna fly into Burbank for the last time. So weird! :haha:

• Like Like x 13
  11. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YES! I'm 33 and lived in San Diego the majority of my life. LA was an absolute trainwreck with piss-poor timing to boot. This Vegas move feels better in the fact that I'm picking where I want to go, and genuinely love this city.

There's a reason I signed an 11-mo lease too. If I get a good remote job (I'm in IT, it's not hard anymore), I plan on relocating somewhere else new, unless I fall head over heels for this area, then I'll look to buy next year. But yes, the remote work opens up so many opportunities to explore, travel, and get to know your world! It's great! And life's too short staying where you're not happy, just because you were born somewhere doesn't mean you need to love it! And if not, make a change! :beer:

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 3
  12. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, about last night:

There was a snafu with my unloaders, which was a problem because I moved with a giant sleeper sofa, and I sure as fuck was not going to recreate the Friends "pivottt!" scene on my stairs. No thank you.

Well after some back and forth, and getting a cancelation from another moving group (they were fully booked), my initial movers came through. On last-minute notice, I was relieved. The 2 dudes showed up, moved my stuff into the desired locations. My friend T helped unpack part of my kitchen, set up the barware, while I set up Swimmy's new fish tank (day 2 she's still alive yaaaaay! Just need to get a new filter for the tank).

But.....unlike my first movers, who were kind enough to disassmble some things (futon legs, my bed, etc), these guys just plopped everything down. Not sure if that's normal, or whatever, but I'm just glad it worked out. Exhausted, T and I managed to put my bed together and throw the mattress on before we headed out to dinner.

First, we headed to the Cosmo for drinks!

• Like Like x 7
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. rourou

rourou Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of luck with the move and the life changes! Hope all goes well. Go get those kitties! :wiggle:

• Love Love x 1
  14. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We parked in some new area near Jockey Club, and wound up entering by Chelsea tower, not my usual area. So that was funky. Then, we went to Chandelier Bar.

We scoped out the area, and most levels were busy or had tables reserved. It was a quiet busy though, with adults drinking their drinks, chatting and laughing, but not like, rambunctious party idiots. It was nice. But also annoying, all these dudes looked like they just got done golfing. There were also straggelers from a convention.

BUT! One the first level, we nabbed a spot, and got tasty drinks!

20211118_181629.jpg

20211118_182247.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
  15. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next up, we bounced over to Vesper, cause I wanted mezcal in the form of The Gilded Age.
    T got The Elysian and thought it was alright!

20211118_182855.jpg

20211118_183854.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And for the finale, I surprised her with a trip to my hands-down, favorite fuckin restaurant (ever, not just here), Bazaar Meat. I love food, and even moreso when it's from a favored chef. And so, I take great pride in introducing trusted friends to new experiences, cuisines, or just....different, food.

She loved it. The ambiance, the neat, quirky decor (she's in CSI and got a kick out of the blood in the lounge), the service, the food.
    20211118_223710.jpg

20211118_223608.jpg

T just bought her first house (!!!!) with her wife and newborn baby,
    I just got into a car accident (after purchasing my brand new car!!!) a couple weeks before this big move, sooo we needed a break.

It was wonderful to have an adult night out, relax, drink, laugh way too much, and enjoy each other's company.

Celebrations continued when we got seated in, what I thought, was a special area!!! I've been coming here for god, 8-9yrs, and have never sat in the seafood room!
    20211118_194707.jpg

20211118_194734.jpg

It was gorgeous, a little more private and thus, quieter. We had a fabulous waitress who was attentive, funny, and timely. She also made some fantastic recommendations!

(Getting ready to board my flight soon so food pics may have to waitttt)

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 4
  17. serenasea

serenasea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking forward to reading about your new adventures and continued exploration of Vega (now from a resident's perspective). Are the kitties flying with you or will they come once you're settled in?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about flying the kitties, and it was definitely a consideration with the prospective longer move to Dallas, TX. However, the airport security process for them (remove kitties from carrier at TSA security, run empty carrier through scanner) would NOT fly with Jackson, he's an anxious sensitive little boy. :)

I left my (rental) car here, as my beautiful car is still in the shop, so we'll be driving home tonight, together!! :) Jax will have had some mild asedative so that should help!

• Like Like x 7
  19. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jesus fucking fuck, the crowds in Vegas were in part due to early holiday travel; but these crowds at Burbank confirm it.

When I flew out on Monday, it was a shitshow, busiest I, in my 2yrs, have ever seen it. Now today, it's worse if not the same! Car honking, assholes everywhere, w t f! Waiting for my best friend, J, to get meeee.
    20211119_121022.jpg

20211119_121154.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well my best friend is picking me up, so I got a 10min wait. Let's chat about last night's dinner!

Bazaar Meat is incredible. We decided on the "Jose's Way" tasting menu, with minor substitutions.

It did not disappoint.

We kicked off the meal with a salt air marg for me, and T had.....something else.
    20211118_195952.jpg

20211118_194407.jpg

First, we had cones. I love cones! But as someone who does not eat seafood, I was skeptical of the roe. Never fear when you're in the hands of a master. The "Bagels & Lox", much like Keller's variation, was fantastic. The flavors sang, and the notes hit at different times. It was excellent being able to taste the depth of flavor and get the flavor profile that they were going for.
    20211118_195224.jpg

Of course we had this
    20211118_195422.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Wow! Wow! x 1