1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Say it ain't so, Phil

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He did have a funny line at the press conference over the weekend. The press was badgering him with questions and he stated he was fully cooperating with the investigation, I'm just not cooperating with you guys, meaning the press corp. That's a paraphrase, but I thought it was funny.

3. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well Walters has been investigated, indicted, tried? up the kazoo previously and has never been convicted.
    He's a big time player in the full Vegas sense of the word. I don't think Phil would be dumb or naive enough to do anything illegal.
    I think it is just another example of a government shakedown. No black helicopters involved.

4. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Journal seems to be the one pushing this, or at least covering it. I liked Phil's jab at the Journal reporter during the presser when in response to some repetitive question he said, essentially: "You wrote the article, so you have that answer already."

Yep, they've gone after Walters quite a few times and with several indictments. Keeps beating the pinch. But what he couldn't avoid was USGA wrath after his Pebble "victory." lol He certainly is quite a figure in Vegas and it's said not to be a good thing to be on his bad side. My only beef is the way the guy prices Bali Hai, but if the market will bear the freight …

Lotta smart people do dumb things. I don't know Phil, only talked to him a few times over the years, but I know one lead announcer who thinks he's a rock.

I hope he wins the Open this year and then says "fuck it, I'm outta here."

6. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been reading the Journal also. The Journal definitely has an annimosity toward various federal agencies and their ability to force concessions from all manner of individuals and businesses solely by the cost to defend oneself. OTOH Phil is a known gambler and, can you say, risk taker? Zack Johnson or Stricks would have really made me stand up and notice. Whereas Dustin Johnson and his wild child would have been very little cause for surprise.
    Curious who Ican and Walters, and Phil for that matter, hire as attorneys.

7. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many in the press confuse confrontation with real reporting, and ASSume they know what the audience wants. If Phil is wearing his golf duds, ask him about golf. If I were Phil, or someone in a similar situation, I might start offering exclusives to reporters I trust, and to hell with the shark pen.

These days especially, nearly everybody is guilty of leaping to conclusions at a rate exceeding 2.2GHz. DO NOT REPLY TO THE FOLLOWING WITH A POLITICAL POST. I mean, look how fast that exchanged prisoner was tried and convicted by some people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.