1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sam's Town standard room?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by doug2288, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doug2288

doug2288 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just noticed the rate for their standard room with king bed is only $26 on feb21-22 ,2014 from priceline.com ,it's weekend.The rate for standard room with two queens bed is $69 for same weekend.On the other hand,I checked B connection website ,and I didn't see Sam's Town have standard room but deluxe room,how comes? Thanks in advance.

2. vegasglenn

vegasglenn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that they are the same.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree - the "standard" is "deluxe." (It's kind of like shrimp, where the "standard" size is medium, regardless how tiny they may be!) While they only show "deluxe rooms" and "deluxe suites" on their website, they do, indeed, have some slightly upgraded "standard" rooms on the atrium side of the halls. They're almost identical to the "standard" deluxe rooms, but contain a small refrigerator, small coffee maker, and maybe a couple other minor upgrades like a fancier telephone. Those rooms may be identified from the outside by a darker colored room number plaque and sometimes go for an additional charge – and sometimes not. I was surprised they don't make a distinction on their website. Then again, maybe Sam's has made some changes, like the recent room remodeling and relabeling at Gold Coast. In any case, I'll have my memory refreshed next Monday when we move there from Suncoast (where I'll be in several more hours). I'll try to report back if my mind is still working when I get home.

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One hint - particularly if you are a light sleeper ... I've never stayed (overnight) at Sam's Town but I did borrow a room from some friends to take a power nap on a recent trip. If you get a room facing the atrium, the "roaring" from the show is most definitely loud. It woke me up and I'm not a light sleeper at all. I regularly sleep through nearby railroad noise.

Also, the room was nicer than I expected it to be. I would put it on par with Bally's or Flamingo rooms. Very tastefully done, contemporary in appearance.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at Sam's Monday - Wednesday this week and I can confirm what I wrote two posts up. "Premium" deluxe rooms may be obtained for an additional fee. They face the atrium, have coffee makers (with coffee and supplies), a small refrigerator, cordless phone, and a black room number plague. I think I'll skip the dialog, but we "sweet-talked" the nice desk person into giving us the upgrade (we were there on a comp to begin with) and later returned to bestow a token of our appreciation.

Yes, the inside rooms can be noisy, which is one of the reasons I request an outside room if I can't get into a premium room. (I really appreciate having a coffee maker.) Fortunately, we had a room as far from the Mystic Falls as you can get, which helps a little.

6. doug2288

doug2288 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turtleman, DMR and Vegasglenn :

Thank you guys so much for the insightful info !

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.