1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Safe walk to Charleston Plaza?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by maineguy, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to try some Mexican at El Gordo's and Los Tacos. If I don't get a car,is that a safe daytime walk from downtown?....single 60 year old male.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm assuming you'll be coming from downtown (El Cortez)... that's a healthy walk and if you're going down Fremont then cutting over to Charleston, which is probably the shortest route, you're going thru a pretty dicey area. That's said, IMO the daytime on Fremont is no where near the "toilet" it can be at night.

3. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a good area. I don't know if I would. In the old cheapovegas review of the Western, they used to call that area murderers' alley or something like that. Just turned me off.

4. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think its all blown way out of proportion. I have walked all over DT, and know numerous people who have walked from The STRAT to DT and it just seems like the stigma is worse than the reality. If you keep to yourself and dont go looking for trouble, normally trouble doesn't find you. DT is a much different place than it was say 8-10 years ago!

5. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed downtown quite a few times....and never felt threatened (more than I threatened myself.....ha!), but know this area is a whole different question....not downtown Fremont!
    OK thanks...I get it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  6. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I trekked from DT to Tacos El Gordo last trip, used the bus. Wasn't too much of a hassle, and i think a 24 hour pass is ~$5. Went from there to Frankie's Tiki Room for a few strong rum drinks, then back DT. Tacos were good, but i thought a little spendy for what they are, 3 were $8.50 or so?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.