1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sadelles

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by rscpa, Jan 11, 2019.

1. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried Sadelles at Bellagio? What do you think about it? Any recommendations as what to order?

2. Robertb1

Robertb1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found the food to be just ok, some major flaws in some dishes (temperature, too much/little salt). Overpriced for what you get in terms of quality, (though portion-sizes are average to small) and everything is a la carte. For example, Eggs Benedict doesn’t come with any potatoes or side.

Pelmeni (Russian veal dumplings), breakfast pastries and matzo ball soup were particularly good.

The old Cafe Bellagio was much better. It seems like Sadelle’s is trying too hard to glamorize cafe/deli food and milk it for money. Service was very good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. 2wayparlay

2wayparlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way overpriced. Skip this place and go to Bouchon or across the street to MAG. I'll skip my long rant but this place is seriously overpriced. Room service at Bellagio is actually cheaper! I know cause I looked when I got upstairs. I have no problem spending money but $100 for breakfast for 2 people is outrageous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would avoid Sadelle's like the plague. I mean - $24 for eggs benedict (and that is just literally for the eggs benedict - no toast, no potatoes, nada)? I live in NYC, the land of the Jewish deli, and they are never what I would call inexpensive but nothing like the crazy prices I'm hearing at Sadelle's. If you want to eat at a Jewish deli there is also Canter's in the Linq promenade. I am not sure what their prices are, but they have to be better than what Sadelle's is charging, plus many reviews are saying the food at Sadelle's is just "eh" for those inflated prices. I would agree with 2wayparlay and head over to Mon Ami Gabi at Paris instead for a fantastic eggs benedict and a great dining experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the warnings, gang! :(

6. ripper

ripper Low-Roller

It will take a lot to get the food above " meh" if they are charging 24 bucks for the benny and no sides. I need my sides at breaky! It might be good food but it has to be spectacular at 100$ for two people for breakfast.

I wonder how busy it is?? Will it make it? I hope that space doesnt just turn into a carousel of restaurants.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. vegas30326

vegas30326 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s a shame they removed the Bellagio Cafe for Sadelle’s. I was so excited to try it, but the prices are shocking. As mentioned, everything is a la carte. Last I checked, they don’t even have a Reuben on the menu! Unless the reviews improve signifantly and/or the price drops (yeah right) I’ll stick with the delis at home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm beginning to wonder if business will drop off once the novelty has worn off, and they will either have to adjust pricing or fold?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. azlefty

azlefty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are several good options for Jewish food off the strip. One is the Bagel cafe in summerlin. The del Mar deli at the South point will also do in a pinch.
    Also weiss deli in Henderson. I used to be a big fan of Harries Bagelmania but I heard that Harrie sold it and it is not good anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  10. file1040

file1040 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was so excited when Bellagio announced Sadelle's opening. I was hoping MGM's food and beverage department would make good on wrecking The Carnegie at The Mirage. Now that was good food! So a few weeks ago at CES, with a few colleagues, we went to Sadelle's for dinner. The place itself looks nice...kinda throwback colors of salmon and greens, etc. I was hoping for a grand menu with slections of all kinds of NY style deli sandwiches, knishes, soups, platters, etc. The menu was just meh. Not much to choose from. I had a tuna melt and bowl of Matzo ball soup. Both were tasty and served promptly by former Bellagio Cafe staff. I don't think it will make it unless the menu is expanded. I can deal with high prices as long as the service is top notch (refills, napkins, etc). Just please add more choices and expand the menu. Bagel Cafe is an awesome family run place. Canters in Tivoli closed and that was another good choice. Haven't been to the Canters at Linq Prom.

11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy cripes...are you kidding? $24 for eggs benedict with no sides? I adore EB, but that is toeing the line with "The Emperor's New Clothes" mentality.

(For you non-"fairy tale nerds" , that's the story where a tailor "fakes" making clothes for an emperor, charges him a bundle, tells him how great he looks, when the emperor is simply naked. Basically its charging a ton for nothing.)

Down the Rabbit Hole!
    My Annual "I'm trying the tower suite" then switch to Aria at last min
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I couldn't believe it! I went onto Tripadvisor to see what people are saying about it and that is where I learned the EB was $24 with nada included! According to other posters here everything is a la carte so you pay for every slice of toast or bit of potato on the side. If you go onto Sadelle's website they don't have any prices listed, which of course is always the first warning sign that a restaurant is pricey. For a great upscale restaurant, I don't mind paying, but for a glorified DELI???

To be honest, Sadelle's was off my radar anyway because the original is here in NYC and I would go to Katz's Deli any day over Sadelle's, but still...hearing those prices for what they are offering made my jaw drop. Las Vegas is the land of Eggs Benedict - there are no shortages of very good restaurants that will give you great EB and toss in some potatoes and toast as well.

This joke of a place replacing Cafe Bellagio really puts the SAD in Sadelle's!!!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As soon as I saw they had a "crispy chicken" sandwich but not pastrami or a Reuben, it was like, what is the fucking point?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What self-respecting, so-called "Jewish deli" doesn't have pastrami or a Reuben sandwich??? That is blasphemy!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. azlefty

azlefty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, in New York there are kosher dairy restaurants that would serve bagels, cream cheese, smoked fish, etc, and then there are kosher delicatessens that serve pastrami but no milk products. So no Reuben in either.

Here in the diaspora, we have come to think of a "New York" style deli as a place that sells both and is not kosher, even though such a restaurant is not common in New York.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I never used the word "kosher". If a deli is kosher, true, they wouldn't have the dairy but most restaurants that people refer to as "delis" are not strictly kosher. Those kosher places are usually found in more Orthodox neighborhoods (the neighborhood I live in has a large Orthodox community and the local deli is truly kosher while the famous Katz' Deli in Manhattan bills itself as "kosher style" - not actually kosher).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 2wayparlay

2wayparlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me add more fuel to the fire since we're talking about eggs benedict. I ordered the caviar eggs benedict listed for $49 for a small order ($79 for large). There are a couple of other dishes listed under the caviar section. But on the bottom of the menu it states that caviar can be added to any dish for $20 more. When I got the bill, they charged me $20 extra for the caviar! Caviar is in the dishes name! It should come with it at no extra charge( especially at $49)! That's like ordering steak and eggs and get charged extra for the steak. And it did not come with a extreme amount of caviar, just the right amount, so I didn't get served extra. I didn't feel like fighting the charge cause I was just so over the place. I hope Cafe Bellagio comes back!

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  18. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

MGM/Bellagio did this with the Fontana Bar - they leased that space to Hyde Lounge because it's easier to sit back and collect a check than actually run things. Since this is their standard m.o., it's safe to say that Cafe Bellagio won't be coming back, unfortunately, but we can all hope Sadelle's dies a quick death and something better and more realistically priced takes its place.

P.S. I seriously think you should have fought that charge, because if regular eggs benedict is $24, why would you be paying $49 for the same eggs benedict before the caviar??? If you still have the receipt I would call up and speak with a manager. That is crazy!!!

19. SoulSonic

SoulSonic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoever is in charge of Bellagio needs to go. The operation has gone downhill and no longer merits 5 stars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some C-minus MBA on their staff made a bunch of charts showing how they would make more $$$ and have less uncertainty and overhead by closing Cafe Bellagio and outsourcing the operation. Far too commonplace today!

• Agree Agree x 1