1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

RTC Trip to Strip is going to be zipped on 12/31

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zignerlv, Dec 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just back from a quick trip (probably some sort of trip report to follow) and got a scoop from my Trip to Strip driver. She told me that they were informed earlier that morning, that this service is going to be discontinued as of 12/31! It's shocking that they are giving up so soon, especially in that I wasn't even aware of this service until reading about it here around a month ago. They certainly didn't do a good job advertising the new service, so no wonder, in a way, that it wasn't that popular yet.

This means that the RTC investment in these new shuttle buses, plus the apps and scheduling system/software/tablets developed for this service, are all going to be disposed of and written off (this is the reason for doing it by 12/31, so it can be written off this year).

I will say that I was a bit disappointed in my trip with this service, as my original "6 minute estimated wait" for my downtown pick up at 5:55am, ended up being delayed twice. Then after picking me up, the driver took LV Blvd for half the trip, which of course took longer than I-15. She said she was required to follow the routing given to her on her tablet. At near 6am, it took about about 35 minutes to get to the airport, which is just slightly faster than the WAX schedule! Not to mention, they don't stop at Terminal 3 for drop offs! (she broke that rule for me since I was the only one aboard). That long ride plus the extra 10-15 minute wait ended making me not quite late, but my flight was boarding by the time I got to the gate. Still, I wish they gave this service more time before canning it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
  2. casky

casky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mention the strip route and then you talk about Downtown. Which one is going to be discontinued strip or downtown?

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zigerlv is talking about the Ride Share Trip to Strip service/app, not a route.

The app got talked about on the board a few months ago here:
    New RTC Ride Share "Trip to Strip" App

4. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trip to Strip is the name of the service, but does not mean the service is only to the Strip (probably a bad naming choice). The service is being discontinued for all locations.

https://www.rtcsnv.com/triptostriplv/

5. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the information. I was going to use this my next trip in February.

AirBnB Henderson. They say social distancing...Will we make this trip?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to download this during our trip, but couldn’t because I’m from the uk. Said I would need to change my location to get the app.

I think it’s an iPhone app problem rather than their problem, but we might have used it a lot during our six week trip if it worked well. We use the buses all the time. Sad that their experiment failed.

7. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If this service will be discontinued in a week, why isn’t there news about this? Including its own website.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the news @ Las Vegas Review-Journal

9. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

For the same reasons they were not clear about the service when they rolled it out. I found their website and description/FAQs confusing. So, we never tried it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sent an email inquiry to the RTC on Saturday 12/14 about this. One week later on Saturday 12/21 I got this response. So far I haven’t received any further response from the RTC.

222B16E8-B749-47E7-80AF-39F1FCB14C97.jpeg

12. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got this message a few minutes ago

2BFA3154-BBDE-4688-A87A-67B5D12806B9.png

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. GabrielBFly

GabrielBFly Vegas Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I'm a little late and I doubt it will impact many but I got this notice over the holidays and thought I'd share it... IMG_1034.png

Just Because...
    Taking Advantage of Southwest Airlines Companion Pass Offer Trip
  14. FABismonte

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sad that Trip to Strip service has ended. On December 29 I took that shuttle service from McCarren to Planet Hollywood. Had no trouble booking from the app, went to Zero Level and waited the 6 minutes estimated on the App. My wife, daughter and I were the only riders, clean comfortable ride and only $12. Gave a nice tip and loved the service. I had asked the driver if the service was shutting down and he was non-committal, just told me that it was a pilot project. Too bad I could not make to a return trip to the airport as we left Jan 1 and the service had ended. My app stated the same message as @Las Vegan Cajun and @GabrielBFly posted above. Took Lyft instead back to the Airport.

15. FABismonte

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oddly, I only got this email today:

Trip to Strip.PNG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.