1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Roulette, Shows, and and the Caesars Palace Bathroom, a UKFanatic TR, July 2-5

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by UKFanatic, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice winning trip!

Fk

2. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uk,

was that third suite at NYNY the "Carlyle?" 3 balconies? If so, what did you think? thanks

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think so. The last one they showed me did not have balconies

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think so. The last one they showed me did not have balconies

I Need Spa
  4. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report, UK! Enjoyed it. I'm wondering if they would lower his rating per spin because of the serious hedging. 50K spread all over is like a few K on a few numbers. Less variance though, but a steady grind. I bet they love this guy.

Caesars sets up the ladies room like that so they don't have to splurge on seat warmers.

5. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was curious as well how they rated him, but the supervisor was watching the game like a hawk. No way was I going to ask, lol. For me, I don't even see how it was fun for the guy. He was playing solo, and was just constantly placing chips. The dealers were letting him place chips up until you could hear the ball first hit something. No way the guy was cheating, because he was just looking down at the felt the entire time. Then, after the bet was resolved, the dealers pushed stacks of hundreds and five hundreds back to him (always less than what he had just wagered, but a lot of stacks nonetheless). I have never seen anything like it.

As for the Caesars toilet, I think you're on to something. CET has found another way to cut costs, while maintaining their haute allure :thumbsup:

I Need Spa
  6. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A GREAT READ!
    Nice Job on the TR! It sounds like you squeezed a lot of activities into a short amount of time.
    mdee

7. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's quite a run UK. I agree with BJ's $500 = 50's take. Glad it wasn't the other way around.
    Given the solid tear you did session after session I think about bringing that friend again.
    Great to read one of your reports.

8. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report. I love JS and Javiers at the Aria as well. Two of my favorite spots to eat in Vegas.

Surprised to hear Penn and Teller get such a good review from you. I've never seen it but heard from others it's not that good. Personally I really like them so with your endorsement I think I'll put it on my list.

Absinthe was a riot the time I saw it a few years ago. Rose, Rabbit, Lie is supposedly produced by the same people and so I think that's next on my list to check out.

Glad you had great time and an awesome win. Keep playing the bananas!

9. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR. Interesting about the rain for fireworks. We were walking from Bally's to the Mirage, and stopped to watch them outside Harrah's. It only started to barely sprinkle as we walked over to Mirage to the show.

Congrats on the big win! I thought I was lucky when we came home with about a third of our bankroll, and a much smaller one than yours!:beer:

10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I am trying to add more non-gambling activities to my vegas trips. Having a friend along that wanted to do a bunch of other stuff helped. The real test will be next month when its a six day trip and I am, likely, solo for the first four days

I Need Spa
  11. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Penn and Teller years ago and loved it then also. That said, I think it is an acquired taste. I describe the show as a little bit magic, a little bit humor, a little bit music, and a little bit social commentary. I enjoy a mix of things like that, so the show works for me. I suspect that people who dislike Penn and Teller's show either disagree with their commentary (I agree with only some of it) or don't like magic. If you're not into either of those things, it is the wrong show for you. I do very much appreciate how they try to keep their show updated and changing. Saw it seven years ago as well and only two of the bits were repeats from that show. I like that kind of effort to stay relevant and interesting

I Need Spa
  12. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, you were much luckier than us! The sky just opened up at Aria. By 10, we went back up the room and had a great view of a few small fireworks being shot off behind the Polo Towers. But there was so much rain at CityCenter that the cars driving up to Aria created ripples of standing water along the road

I Need Spa
  13. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent report and congrats on the nice run.

Not sure how I missed this TR over the last couple days but I love your reports.

I'm thinking that croupier at the high-roller's roulette table must've been mentally exhausted to have to pay out wicked high amounts each and every spin. Its not like they get a break since he was pretty much nailing wins every time. His strategy is head scratching for sure!

I think I am going to play double-deck when I hit the town next time. I have only played it once in my life (and won) but for some reason have always gravitated towards the shoe games.

14. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They staffed the table with two dealers and a supervisor and I was impressed with how rapidly they gave out the winnings. I noticed while the player made his bets, the two dealers stacked all the losses into twenty chip stacks and they always had 10k in black waiting (plus more stacks behind that) as each new spin was going. The spins I watched, they paid him very promptly

I Need Spa
  15. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are your thoughts on Aria's sports book?

I'm deciding on Aria vs Mirage for part of my Sept trip and the book is going to be a major determining factor as I will be there for Thursday Night NFL, NCAA football and of course NFL Sunday/Monday.

I love Mirage's book and ambiance. How does Aria's compare?

16. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is very different. If you have a host that can get you into the reserved seating at Aria, that is ideal. It is a separate little elevated area with plush seats and a zillion TVs showing the games. I got a front row seat in there last NFL season and it was fantastic. Otherwise, Saturday and Sunday during football season can get packed in there (I guess the Mirage as well, although I have only been there once since they updated the book a couple years ago). I would say that Mirage has that cavernous, big screen/big event kind of feel. You can hear people cheering and shouting from all over the book. Aria is trying to be more like your living room. You can't even see most of the seating from the betting windows. If you're willing to get up early to secure a seat, they have a lot of very nice couch and plush chairs seating. I also like that the race section is entirely separate. I like the boards at Mirage better (I have just never been a fan of the TV screen style boards they use at Aria), but the seating at Aria is a lot more comfortable. Hope that helps

I Need Spa
  17. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the hosts/suites at NYNY entice you? Gonna give them a shot for a future trip?

18. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Possibly. The big suite on its own floor was kind of cool. Definitely something different. The next time I bring some buddies and it makes sense to get a suite that large, we will probably give it a try

I Need Spa
  19. pdawg23

pdawg23 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great report UK..
    i decided to stop going to Aria after my last trip.. i bring 30k-50k every trip and play pretty aggressively (60% BJ 20% roulette and 20% baccarat and some stupid games) and was a little bit of a hassle getting anything more than RFB
    in my experience i get better treatment at wynn
    how much comp in dollars do you usually end up getting per trip?

20. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't blame you. Go where you feel appreciated.

This Aria trip was pretty consistent with my level of play over the past few years (even though I was determined to play smaller and less, it rarely seems to work out that way, lol). Based on that level of play, I typically get a comped suite, extra rooms for my friends if needed, full RFB, transportation, and free show tickets and spa costs comped. So on top of the free room, I typically get anywhere between $200 and $2k in food, beverage, spa and show costs comped (that range is based on how much I spend; I suspect they would always comp me that much, but I rarely spend that much; usually I am around $1k or less in charges). Fortunately, on the rare trip where I seriously low play or my friends go nuts and charge way too much to my room, I have tons of EC with mgm that I can use to pay for stuff. I think twice in the past two years I had to use express comps to pay for my room charges. This trip, I think my friend and I had about $1k in food, beverage and spa charges that my host took care of out of primary comps.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

I Need Spa
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.