1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room requests without the $20 trick.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by brianbb98, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianbb98

brianbb98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As the title suggests, how frequent are room requests such as floor, view, distance from elevators, granted without a little extra given to the person checking you in? This assumes no history/loyalty to the given hotel. Are they usually pretty accommodating? Are some requests more likely to be fulfilled than others? I'm not really looking for an "upgrade", just seeing what the typical options are there that might make no difference to the desk clerk, and I should ask about while checking in. Will be staying at Planet Hollywood this trip if that changes anything.

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I've had more success than not when asking for a specific room locations. I almost always got the feeling the desk clerk was at least trying to accommodate my request when they denied me.

Be friendly. Be nice. Be specific. You'll have better chances if you're checking in on a slower day than on the weekend though. But it never hurts to ask.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. brianbb98

brianbb98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, thats kinda what I was hoping to hear. I'm not expecting a suite or perfect view, but I was hoping for an upper floor overlooking more than a parking structure. Sundays are usually pretty slow for check ins huh?

4. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd think most of that has more to do with day-to-day hotel capacity than anything else. I have 4 days in a Jubilee Strip View starting on Sunday at a very good rate. If I was at the Indigo I would expect an upgrade, seeing how Easter is a very slow time. Then two days at Vdara with fountain view, followed by 4 at GN during NAB convention. Not expecting any upgrades, but still gonna ask because....getting married April 22nd :p

• Like Like x 2
  5. BostonJP

BostonJP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked at the Venetian last year for something on a high floor. She said that a strip view would be an extra $xx per night (I want to say in the $30 range?) but when I declined she still put me on a higher floor, overlooking the pools and High Roller.

It's up to the property and based on availability, but I would think that if they have any control over location when additional fees are typically charged it should be no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.