1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Room cancellation during Covid19

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by Merle Igel, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Merle Igel

Merle Igel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dear members,

I am posting the first time. You guys are always so helpful!
    I was wondering if anyone got a positive answer regarding the VIP level you held at the time of booking will be reinstated in case you had to cancel due to Covid19?

I am from Germany and my trip would be now at the end of June staying four nights at the Wynn. I was lucky and got the four nights at VIP level 2. Our flights got cancelled due to federal travel restrictions.

I cancelled the nights without the 25% penalty, but it seems it is still unclear if they gonna grandfather in the previous status.

Does anybody got a more specific answer?

Thank you so much!!!

2. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Merle... Congratulations on your first post!!!!

We are basically all getting the same response from WynnSlots team - that we *will* be able to rebook and at our previous level, but they aren't giving anyone any further information other than 'we're working on it" There's a more in depth discussion here: https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/contacting-support.173438/ You should probably go ahead and email Wynn support also, so that you can get a copy of them telling you that you can rebook. Just in case.

Collectively holding our breath...............

3. Merle Igel

Merle Igel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much!

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seconded. I would suggest emailing them and getting a response in writing, because "I saw it on VMB" is unfortunately not worth the paper it's printed on when it comes to property policy. Things are changing daily, and training/messaging is inconsistent. Just as an example, I had a restaurant reservation that I was trying to change; the first person I called just said "you have to go on OpenTable, that's the only way to modify anything" (my reservation was not there because it was made directly), the second person fixed it in about ten minutes. We're still in uncharted waters here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Merle Igel

Merle Igel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much for your reply.

I have written to support, but I was only sent a generic answer and it was not really reassuring. I will keep poking them.

6. Merle Igel

Merle Igel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second time I have received the following reply:

Thank you for getting back to us.

Currently, we are unable to make changes or reschedule for an upcoming booking. We have waived the 25% cancellation fee for any booking cancellation made 24 hours before the check-in date. According to our system log, you have canceled your reservation and the full amount of Gems was reimbursed to your account automatically without any cancellation fee.

Our booking calendar is available up to November 2020. You can book according to your current VIP level. Kindly tap on the "Crown" icon on your Lobby screen, to find out the "Benefits" associated with your VIP Level.

Resort updates are available at www.wynninfo.com

We appreciate your understanding and we hope to see you soon. Keep spinning! Good luck!
    Thank you,
    - Your Friends at Wynn Slots

It seems they do not want to grandfather in the original VIP level at the time of booking.

7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go back to them with 'Everyone has been told they'll be able to book the same number of nights they had to cancel because of COVID19'.

Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
  8. aspenq

aspenq Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YMMV, but I've seen this with VERY limited success on the Wynn Slots Facebook group. A lot of currently unable to and please stay tuned for updates answers on this issue.

9. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All dialogue I have had has been clear that they are currently unable to book me anything, but will allow rebooking of the same number of nights I had before being forced to cancel.

10. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a different questions related to room cancellations. Are you still able to exceed the gem cap by getting a refund for a cancelled reservation? I seem to recall the app changing their policy about this around the time the Wynn shut down in March.

I had about 28,000 gems and made a reservation which brought me to just over 25,000. I might want to reschedule this for different days, but I don’t want to cancel now if I am just going to lose all the gems I spent due to the cap.

11. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cancelled mine and have ~40k gems now lol.

I'm not even playing at the moment, because gems are frozen until I've used a load up for my next booking.

I was tempted to book for November, but will only have to cancel if HGS doesn't go ahead.

12. Toomuchcoffee

Toomuchcoffee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My reservation was cancelled during covid. I am currently still VIP level 3 for 20 or so days.

Does being VIP level 3 mean I lost the ability to rebook once they start allowing people to reschedule bookings that were cancelled during covid?

13. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Level 3 can book 2 nights. I had 4 nights booked that I cancelled I was at level 3 before the changes. If I rebook now I can only get 2 nights.

40th Wedding Anniversary if we make it that long
  14. Toomuchcoffee

Toomuchcoffee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I meant are they closing rebooking for any nights they cancelled due to covid if we are still level 3 and above. Or do we get to keep that opportunity to rebook in the future.

15. Michael Smith

Michael Smith High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think maybe patience is a virtue on this one. Everything I've seen indicates they will allow you to rebook 4 nights if you lost such a booking because of you know what. But, not yet, which seems to have caused many to get their knickers in a twist.

Breeder's Cup, baby!
  16. Toomuchcoffee

Toomuchcoffee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't mind being patient. I just hope they don't say we lost that ability because it's open now and some still have that vip level to rebook for a few more days.

17. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Michael, we've discussed this already. The issue is that our booking window closes in 20 days and once that happens it will set many of us back to L0 and unable to book any nights. Many of us would rather book 2 nights than 0. So we sort of need to know for sure within the next 20 days or so. I know you're a nice guy who likes this game but I don't know how else to explain this so that it makes sense. I think most people understand where I'm coming from here.

FTR, many of us have been extremely patient. Wynn has been promising we could re-book since the beginning of April and it's now the middle of June and their tech team still hasn't figured out how to do it.

18. Michael Smith

Michael Smith High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I understand. You paid ±$200 to get >$800 worth of rooms and now you're mad because it might not happen and you'll have to settle on $400 worth of rooms for $200, a serious loss, I think, considering all the time you put into the game.

So, good luck. I hope the game team comes through for you. Let us know.

Breeder's Cup, baby!
  19. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fair description but I'm more mad at 1) the situation being out of my control thanks to Covid and 2) Wynn promising something that they have yet to deliver on. They don't have an indefinite amount of time to put this together. They aren't sending a man to the moon for God's sake.