1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ron Ellwood's Classic Golf Tournament at Shadow Creek

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sindustry, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Has anyone ever participated in this tournament? I just got an email invite for it, but the only thing holding me back is...I SUCK! I can turn the tee box into a sand trap. I can single-handedly raise the water level of any water hazard, a couple inches with lost balls. When I am in a sand trap, I make it rain...sand. I leave so many balls in the woods, it's like I am hiding Easter eggs...but I'm not. I am exaggerating a bit...but not by much...lol. I have been to Shadow a couple times to observe the Michael Jordan Golf Tournaments, and always thought the course looked awesome! Anyways, I would love to play the course, but not if I am going to be the only one out there looking like a fool. How bad are some of the worst players that play this tournament? I would mainly be going for the fun and prizes, but I would hate to be the only one having fun, if my play is pissing off everyone else.

2. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I have played it a few times, it was canceled last year. It is mostly Ron and his friends, and it is a fun event, not too serious. I will say that most of the golfers are moderately good to very good, I have not seen too many "bad" golfers out there. I already confirmed for this year's event. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you want to go out and play, go out and have fun! I can't remember the format as it has changed several times so I do not know if they take handicap into account or not.

3. sevenyo11

sevenyo11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought that was held at TPC LV and its like 6-8k a foursome. Or is there another date for that one?

- - - Updated - - -

My bad that's a different Ron.... Damn Ron's

4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Moderately good to very good is way above my play level...lol. The wife is tightening the reigns on my Vegas trips, so I am trying to find any excuse to get back out there...lol. I was planning on going for the $300k BJ tournament at Mirage, later this month, but it ended up getting cancelled.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sin, can't help you on the specific event, but if there's not a lot of money or immense swag on the line, most players are cool with most any level of play. The key is to smile, have fun, be cool, pick up if out of it and just keep moving forward. We're all sinners to some extent on the course -- save shifter, that boy got game -- and to know is to forgive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.