1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rio pool questions

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Sam in Ut, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may book the Rio this September, anyone have comments (good or bad) on their pool(s)? Do they charge admission even if you’re a guest of the hotel? I noticed on their website they state free admission for platinum & above tier status or is that charge for their special beach club? Are there more than one pool available to guests and do they charge for lounge chairs? Food/drink service? Thanks!

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes hotel guests are allowed in with a key. They just let non-guests platinum or higher get in too as this pool was nothing to talk about when I visited it. :(

3. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there in April, and they didn't charge anyone at the pool and didnt have anyone checking anything at the entrance. That wasn't peak pool season but hotel guests definitely get free access. The pool area is big but nothing special. I didn't really use it but walked out there a few times to check it out and or looking for my dad. My father in his mid 70s went out there every day while we were there and just read a book and talked to strangers, and he really enjoyed it (but not nearly as much as he enjoyed Caesars palace pool when we moved over there).

There are multiple pools and one upside to being off strip at CET's redheaded step child of a property is they barely charged for any of the BS things other properties use to nickel and dime you. Pool area is mostly no frills fold up chaise lounges that were no fee at least in April. They only had a few spots with little bit nicer seating and or cabana that were paid. Drinks at the pool bar were also a little cheaper than the strip.

My room the first night at Rio was the worst room I've ever had anywhere, got us moved to another room that was better next day but still in pretty bad shape. The pool area (and really pretty much everything but the room) was fine though. They also have posted rates online for valet parking, but weren't charging anyone for that either when I was there in April or when I went to Penn & Teller this month and valet parked (have tier status now where it would have been free anyway but when I whipped out my card the valet attendant said "oh I don't need that we aren't charging anyone")

I would love to have been able to experience that place long ago when well maintained, with the show in the sky still going and them still using the masquerade stage like I've seen on YouTube videos. My opinion, it's kind of a shithole, and if they advertised it as budget friendly shithole instead of trying to make it sound like a place with bad location but bigger nicer rooms, I might have gone a day or two anyway and not been so disappointed, but due to room condition / quality, I felt my free rooms were a ripoff. Just be aware of that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lmarl72936

Lmarl72936 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The good news about the Rio pool is you can bring your own booze in (as long as it isnt in a glass container).. Other then that the pool is pretty much no thrills..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. brisut

brisut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, if they dont check my room card we can go use the pool before we check in? Or send the wife to the pool while I wait in the long lines to check in?

Never stayed there before, but one night booked for next week. Maquerade suite, so hoping for the best..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.