1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rio: Masquerade Tower Room Questions

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by jimboguy, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m staying at Rio for two nights in November. According to my reservation, I’ll have a Deluxe Masquerade Tower Strip View King room. I imagine that is subject to change depending on availability when I check in.

A couple questions:
    1. How large are the TVs in the room and do the channels come in HD? From the videos I’ve seen, they look like 32”. I’m hoping they’re bigger than that.
    2. Do all the rooms have mini fridges, or is it hit and miss?

Thanks all. I’m hoping to have a good size TV with HD broadcast channels to watch an NFL game one morning without going down to a bar or book to watch.

2. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. I believe they might be 40". Have stayed there many times, but never really paid much attention to the size. As for HD channels, I think some of them may be. Don't watch much TV when there, but I have never been blown away by their TVs when I do watch them. I have watched some NFL in the room in the past, and it wasn't in HD as of a few years ago.
    2. As far as I know, all of the rooms have mini fridges. They used to be in the bathroom area, but I had a bit of a scare when we stayed there in August when I saw the spot where the fridge used to be empty!!!! A quick check under the TV calmed my fears, though! They seem to have gotten rid of the mini-bar fridges that used to be under the TV and replaced them with the empty mini fridges.

Have a great trip! Despite what many people say about the Rio, it really is a great place to stay!!!

3. Packrat1

Packrat1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might ask for the Ipanena tower assuming there is no upgrade in cost. There should be some threads on the difference between the two. Tubs are decent size but bring a drain stopper from Bed Bath and Beyond and you can raise the water level significantly.
    The spa steam room and Jacuzzi are very nice too.
    Consider a walk across the street to the Palms great Buffet. Also Gold Coast for Ping Pang Pong Chinese food.
    Ipanema Tower has Strip views too. $20 trick probably would insure that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.