1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ringing in the New Year Weathering the Storm With Smashing Wins and Celebrations the Norm!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Flowers, Dec 26, 2020.

1. rourou

rourou Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on making it to Vegas safely! Travel/weather delays/cancellations make me crazy, even tho I am used to them from my home airport. I try to stay calm, but 12 hours is longer than any time I have sat in an airport, so kudos for how you kept your calm. Now enjoy your Vegas!

• Love Love x 1
  2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love that you have such a nice long trip!!! Thank you for the welcome. Wishing you a BLAST of a time!!!!!

What did you think of MINT? Did they get your meal.right this time?

A Starry and Spectacular Spring Celebration
    A Trip for the Ages with My Momma in Las Vegas
    • Like Like x 2
  3. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear you finally made it to Vegas safe. Lets just say the worst is past you and now you get to enjoy ( no need to relive that mess with more comments). Wishing you a late Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. But until then -- we would like for you to show us -- a 20K HP!! Enjoy your trip and looking forward to following along. Let the HPs begin

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They had half of my meal. We're getting closer!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Whilestockslast

Whilestockslast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flowers - you need to try Vegas from the UK it’s a ten hour 45 mins direct flight which generally goes up over the UK and then south of Iceland, over new foundland ( very pretty from 38000 feet) then over a very large chunk of Canada before going due south flying over Salt Lake City and down and around into Vegas. The return journey is generally 9 to 9 and a half hours but boring as it’s always dark ! - you could even have a week in the UK in between Vegas visits
    Have a nice time - travel is part of the fun

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas at last! Vegas at last! Thank God Almighty, Flowers is in Vegas at last!

May your positive attitude and perseverance be rewarded. Go get 'em!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. heights310

heights310 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you made it!
    Now I'm hoping to see pictures of bank tellers
    waving as you make a deposit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you made it safely, now let the fun begin!!

[​IMG]

Transatlantic Nomad
    Week in Paris
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 3
  9. Mrazzo

Mrazzo Baller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Flowers just catching up now (no internet @ home due to weather)and WOW...So gad you made it FINALLY. Hope you have a great time i'll be following (not in the creepy way)

Buffets and poker (hopefully)
    • Love Love x 2
  10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good morning Las Vegas!!!

20201228_074321.jpg 20201228_072033.jpg

20201228_071741.jpg

This morning it is overcast but still beautiful.

Yesterday was a such a hectic day that I picked up from the note I had started typing almost 10 hours ago about an hour after finally landing in Las Vegas.

It feels so good but still surreal to be "at home." Seriously. When I stepped into my Wynn Parlor Suite, facing the strip for the first time, it felt so wonderful. I am home!!

I was a little worried that they didn't know I was delayed but I am sure they did as I would hope the front desk would have asked Wynn transportation where I was Saturday am when I didn't arrive as expected.

Even as of now, Monday am, I haven"t even begun to unpack because from the time I landed until about three this morning I have been like the main character, Henry Hill, in scenes near the end of Goodfellas in which he is running all of this "errands". In his case they involved his criminal enterprise. In my case it involved checking into the Venetian (a much bigger hike than Palazzo and making sure the room wasn't occupied while also turning back the covers), dealing long distance with my mom's blood sugar levels, picking up clorox wipes from Walgreens, taking a super fast shower and hustling over to the Encore spa for what was another amazing facial, all within about 2 hours of landing.

My Venetian room was standard but here's a pick of the items for purchase that you normally see though this time all in plastic wrap.
    20201227_114735.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 18
    • Love Love x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After the facial it was about 2:15 and yesterday was the last day for the Encore Slot Torunament that had been running twice a week since October. I assume it will pick up again after the new year.

I wanted to play in the tourney but I needed to earn 500 points before 3 and well, I did. Lol.

And guess what? I won the tournament!!! Pretty amazing. $1500 in free play for the top prize and another $100 in free play for winning my session. What are the odds?

20201227_161106.jpg 20201227_161803.jpg 20201227_171004.jpg

• Love Love x 25
    • Wow! Wow! x 20
    • Like Like x 9
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And on that free play I got some nice though smaller hits. Here's one. 20201227_173630.jpg

But, before the slot tournament, as I was trying to earn the 500 points, I was playing on my cash of course and got this. Not huge but I basically played on this a bit.
    20201227_143453.jpg

• Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 2
  13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And then while waiting an hour plus to play in the tournament, I downloaded the trip free play from my host. It was a decent amount so I was playing dollar TDB UX.

Not getting the kicker with the Ace (would have been 8k) was a little painful but I won this on my free play so I couldn't complain. And yep, I was dealt 4 fours on TDB while playing through my free play.
    20201227_155332.jpg 20201227_145316.jpg

• Love Love x 16
    • Like Like x 10
    • Wow! Wow! x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played until about 5:30 and was up and down a fair amount but when I got up to walk over to the Venetian to meet @dbueler for dinner at Yardbird, I was up a nice amount, which was great.

It was wonderful to see @dbeueler. We caught up over a meal that wasn't fantastic but was good, so no complaints. The best dish was the amazing cornbread and I liked as well the sweet corn, and the waffles that came with the chicken and waffle dish. We also ordered the brussel sprouts and mac and cheese. All were good to great. The disappointing dish for me was the chicken and it was actually dry so that was odd.

I would recommend it, and the service wad good, but given a zillion other options just in Wynncore and V/P alone (where I had some nice food credit), I probably won't return for a while.
    20201227_182653.jpg
    20201227_182303.jpg

20201227_184456.jpg 20201227_184503.jpg 20201227_184509.jpg 20201227_184513.jpg

I don't care for watermelon so skipped it but wanted to note that the chicken and waffle dish comes with a side of watermelon.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 15
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After dinner I played my V/P free play on UX and UX Bonus Deluxe. I had one good hand but unfortunately gave V/P a good chunk of my early Wynn winnings.
    20201227_193833.jpg 20201227_194829.jpg 20201227_194929.jpg

• Like Like x 18
    • Love Love x 5
  16. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I headed back to Wynn, exhausted but not because of Vegas but instead because I had had a total of about 4 hours of sleep over two days (plus sleeping upright in a chair at the airport) before arriving in Vegas.

But I powered through with a night of VP degeneracy that turned out okay actually.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 4
  17. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exciting first night, and congrats on the slot tourney!!

Got my bag of popcorn ready for the incoming handpays :)

Transatlantic Nomad
    Week in Paris
    • Love Love x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Photos.

Lots of wins and some very good ones but with my playing sometimes 100 a hand, which obviously can go very quickly if you aren't hitting regularly.

I ended the night up but not nearly as much I should have as I played about 45 minutes too long until about 3 this am.

Slept about 4 hours, which is the most I have slept in 3 days so now as I am walking to Terrace Point Cafe for breakfast after a hit shower I feel pretty good.

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 3
  19. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice to see someone is hitting on Ult X. It crushed me last night. I need to get out of this damn town for a couple days! But...I shall return. Keep those big hits coming. I am glad you are no longer in the Buffalo airport!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Standing in the check in line at Flamingo.

Photos from my degeneracy last night.

Lots of big swings but I ended on the up side. :)

20201227_215110.jpg 20201227_224101.jpg 20201227_232855.jpg 20201227_235444.jpg

• Like Like x 14
    • Love Love x 13
    • Wow! Wow! x 13