1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rideshare from the Strip to off strip?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by LV_Bound, Nov 25, 2021.

1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mostly interested in Uber/Lyft to/from the hotel to locations off strip (2-4 miles).
    Curious if thing have improved or are they still leaving people stranded or charging high prices?

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're going off Strip, and not to a major resort, Uber/Lyft is pretty much your only option. The average taxi driver is just not going to be able to navigate to some random strip mall, and while we all have GPS on our phones, they don't like to leave the resort corridor if that's where they picked up. And good luck getting a taxi to pick you up afterwards. However, while I've never been stranded on the return trip, I've had plenty of Uber/Lyft pickups where the driver either gets lost on the way to pick you up (many don't know the nuances of the properties like MGM Grand and Aria that have pickup areas that aren't too near the main valet), accepts the trip before they've completed their previous drop-off and gets stuck at that interminable light at Flamingo/LVB, or both. The "pickup in 5 minutes" estimate is usually at least 15 minutes, if not more. And surge pricing is back with a vengeance, such that it cost me about $30 to get downtown recently, and $50+ to get back.

But, like I said, they're pretty much your only option if you're going somewhere other than a resort.