1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rhumbar closing July 25th

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by bbshanny, Jun 23, 2021.

1. bbshanny

bbshanny Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://vegas.eater.com/2021/6/21/22541770/rhumbar-closes-mirage

Didn't see another thread on this. I'm disappointed as my wife and I always liked to relax here in the evenings.

Are there any recommendations for a similar space on the strip? Relaxing outdoor space, maybe a DJ (but not overwhelmingly so), possibly hookah?

2. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed having a late afternoon libation there. At that time of day sitting on the couch outside with the shadows just starting to hit the strip was a nice break.

3. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :( Sad to see this place go. Was one of my favorites.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was/is a nice place to sit. Presumably the new establishment will be an updated version of the same thing.

5. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to hear that. Was looking forward to a Tatonga there in the evenings. I land the 30th. Hate to miss it by just a few days.

6. bbshanny

bbshanny Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there in early August. It'll definitely be frustrating to have to walk past it and not be able to go there. I did some research, but can't find a similar place on the strip.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MiDenny

MiDenny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will miss this one. It became one of our regular stops as we walked the strip. A few years back, they decided to do away with the special liquors that made their menu unique. It was never quite the same after that. Man....the Kingston Smash was fantastic back in the day. Still, it was nice to grab a seat outside and have a cigar.

It's not the same by any means, but we did recently stop at the Davidoff Cigar Bar in front of Fashion Show. They do have outdoor seating and it was enjoyable the one time we stopped in. Looks like we may have to work this in as one of our stops now in place of Rhumbar. Cheers!

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not great for cigars, and they're only open until about 5pm on weekends (2pm on weekdays), but Salt & Ivy at Aria is decent. I think Senor Frog's might have a patio, as well, as do Foundation Room and Skyfall at Mandalay, though I'm not sure of the smoking thing. Otherwise, not much comes to mind.

9. Dallas M

Dallas M Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No! Are you KIDDING me?! I was planning to go here for the first time on my trip this weekend.

10. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perfect timing

11. Dallas M

Dallas M Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No kidding. I wasn't aware it existed (don't go to the Mirage much ever), so I guess I won't go at all now :evillaugh: