1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Reward Redemption

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by riserasta, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riserasta

riserasta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello! My friend and I are going to Vegas at the end of June. We each have MyVegas points and redeemed a comp night each at Aria and each redeemed 20% off for our other nights in Vegas at Aria.

That was 30 days ago. So, we used two rewards each.

We thought that every 30 days we could use up more of our points for meals, drinks, whatever.

But while browsing on this Forum, it seems that if we have redeemed two rewards already, for the rooms, we can't do anymore until we get there? or we have three more each now, since it has been 30 days, and we booked the rooms....so we used the first two? and now we can do 3 more and not again until we get to Vegas to "redeem"/use the 3 we book now.

I am confused. Obviously our first time using our points.
    Thanks!!!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rewards aren't considered redeemed until you actually use/consume (stay, eat, drink, ride, etc) the reward during the trip. If you both have booked the comp night and the 20% off rate, you both will have 1 reward you can use each during your trip.

3. riserasta

riserasta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just called the M-Life desk and the girl I spoke with said that I should be able to redeem three rewards now but that will be it. She said it should be three rewards per visit to Vegas. BUT she said some places will allow you to redeem more and not have a problem with it but didn't saw which reward.

Let me know if this is what you all do? We want to be able to use as many as we can...........but seems like we an only do 3 per visit?

4. riserasta

riserasta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well heck! We wouldn't have redeemed the 25% offer. Would rather have the free meals. So once we arrive in Vegas, and check into the room, we should be able to redeem other offers?

5. michele14

michele14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are other non Mlife rewards that you can use that don't count in your 3 rewards in 30 days. The rewards for Wolfgang Puck, Hexx and House of Blues are available for drinks and food.

6. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The above poster was correct you can buy the three MGM Rewards whenever you want but the three MGM Resort Rewards limit kicks in when you use them which basically means you get three per trip.

You have each redeemed two so you each have one MGM Resort Rewards left for your trip.

The Rewards available to people who live in Las Vegas are different for those that live elsewhere. There are very limited rewards for Las Vegas residents.

If you wait until you are in Las Vegas you are not going to see the rewards available that you see now.

The Apps and Facebook read your location from your internet connection and think you live in Las Vegas and only give you the rewards that are available for Las Vegas Residents and there are not many of them.

I left one reward to buy while I was in Vegas in December and found this out the hard way.

I have an VPN service for my phone where I can set my IP to be anywhere in the world. Even doing this once it thought I was in Vegas it would not open the other rewards even though I was using a VPN for New York City and Montreal, Canada. It took me opening and logging in and out of the three apps about 5 times each before it finally worked on one of them.

There are other rewards that don't count towards your three like the one for the Hexx, Monorail, Uniquely Vegas, House of Blues, Wolfgang Puck. I don't recall if these are available while in Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.