1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Results: Quick 60 Second VMB Survey

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Jidery, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love data analytics and has a lot of fun doing this survey, I found some neat findings for sure!

First the basic results:

A huge majority of users were are over 50, and more than 80% of users are over 30. I guess as a 23 year old I'm in a major minority here.

[​IMG]

Also almost everyone is a tourist which was surprising to me

[​IMG]

Considering the amount this place raves about downtown and off strip properties, I expected there to be a much higher count for off strip/downtown visitors, but a majority of users here still prefer the strip. Maybe parking fees aren't killing the resorts after all?

[​IMG]

3, 4, and 5 night trips are by far the majority for users here, and 1-2 night trips are a huge minority. I was also shocked by the amount of 8+ day trips.

[​IMG]

A vast majority of you gamble under $1000/day, sure makes my $100-$200 a day look pathetic!

[​IMG]

Lastly, I was also surprised to see how many of VMBers are getting comped!

[​IMG]

Moving with my data I wanted to see how different groups vacation. First, what is everyones favorite resort? This was harder to filter because so many different names for each resort came in, for example cosmo came in as Cosmo, Cosmopolitan, The Cosmo, and The Cosmopolitan. After a ton of cleaning up I found these results:

[​IMG]

Aria and Cosmo hold the popularity by far here.

So now I wanted to look at favorite resorts by age to see if it has any effect

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The younger crowd lacked data but I was very shocked to learn that those 50+ don't like the Wynn nearly as much as those in their 30/40's, and Aria is much more popular for those in their 30's/40's over those 50+. Also Downtown resorts did much better for the 50+ group.

What about bank roll, what effect does that do to your favorite resorts?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

High rollers and low rollers both like cosmo, but high rollers overwhelmingly stay on the strip.

Lastly, I wanted to see the favorite resorts of those staying downtown and off strip

[​IMG]

MSS and Plaza are the most popular for downtown visitors

[​IMG]

Orelans is overwhelmingly the most popular off strip destination.

I wanted to do the same thing with ameneties but due to the way google forms exports data its going to take a lot more work.

I had a ton of fun making this, if anyone wants a different set of data analyzed let me know. I'd be glad to run some charts.

• Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many folks responded to the poll?

3. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very interesting stuff, @Jidery!
    What was your biggest surprise in the data?
    Thanks for sharing your results! :D

RICHARD

5. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My biggest surprise was the sheer popularity of MGM resorts over the other brands.

• Like Like x 1
  6. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is interesting, thank you for sharing this!

7. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very interesting!! Good job! I'm glad I participated.

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just FYI, MSS and Main St. Station are both the same place. Not sure what entails Boyd or if it is Boyd downtown (Fremont, Cal and MSS) or all of the Boyd properties. Also I question the low roller resorts. The low rollers who stay at aria or Cosmo, define what you mean by low roller and what your budget is?

Or maybe I'm just a no-roller. :poke:

Actually I think you probably need a survey as to what is considered a low roller, mid roller, etc.

9. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Low rollers is <$1000

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So is Circus Circus and Vdara omitted from this survey?

You gotta have the bitter with the better.

11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a GORGEOUS report, the data, the graphics, the explanation...you did a knockout job!

I know on VMB we are not an accurate reflection of "average numbers," as on VMB, we are obviously obsessed with Vegas, or at least regulars, (or on our way to being obsessed/regulars!)

But, this data interests me way more than standard polls, because you have so many one-time visitor that skew the numbers on spend, habits, etc. (On the standard, overall analytics' reports you find online)

I'm a low-to-mid roller on VMB, but standard released polls make me feel like a total degenerate when I read "average daily gambling spend" on mainstream polls.

On this poll? I'm right squat in the middle..could be why I love VMB, I found my Vegas "home away from home" :)

Ive hunted online for "Vegas numbers" based more on regulars, but Ive never found anything even remotely close to this. Just an all-out fantastic job....I loved it!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow this is really interesting and well done. If you could somehow figure out how to get enough people to do this survey and you were a good salesman you could probably make some money off of it, some of the different angles you look at are really interesting!

What did you use to build this by the way?

13. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like Aria and Cosmo head the pack in almost every demographic. Not surprised at all, two great properties with lots to offer everyone. I was a little surprised that almost 2/3 of the respondents got their rooms fully/partially comped. I thought it would be closer to 50 per cent, but then again VMB skews to the Vegas savvy patron. Well done on this project, well done indeed!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Birthday Week in the Tower Suites
  14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice! I don't know how the survey was worded, so you may have done this, but the only thing I'd suggest when you want to stratify players' gambling levels is, you need to clearly define "bankroll" or "budget" or whatever term you use. It really should represent the amount a player is willing to lose per night.

15. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting thanks for running it. I knew I was in the minority, I just can't seem to like Aria or Cosmo! Will give them another try next trip.....

Caesars Virgin
    Vow renwal
  16. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should apply for Steve Kornacki's job.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then he'd have to walk around all day with his sleeves rolled up.:D

18. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow.....nice work Jidery! Very interesting data and breakdown. Thank you for sharing this!

19. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awe damn! I did not see this poll. I would have loved to participate. Did you just run this one day? Even so, 220 participants is a pretty decent number. Nice job!

Maybe not this year. Looking forward to 2021!
  20. Porkchop

Porkchop Low-Roller

If I'd seen this earlier, I could've given Excalibur a showing up there. :blah:

Nice-lookin' graphs. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.