1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant where you said "Holy shit that was a great meal!"

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV_Bound, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sambdking

sambdking Tourist

Brand at Monte Carlo knocked my socks off! Everything was amazing, A++. Amazing steaks, sides, salad, drinks, service, and atmosphere!

2. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Recently had one of the best meals I have ever had at
    Old Homestead at Caesars. Everything was spot on from service to
    the amazing bread basket and the steaks and sides were all amazing.
    Highly recommend this steak house.

3. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many in your party? Did you have reservations?

We had so much trouble trying to book a reservation for ten people we ended up going somewhere else

4. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe its me but I don't wanna say "HOLY SHIT/ GREAT MEAL" in the same sentence..:wink2::evillaugh .LOL!!! First time at Emerils back in the 90's. Believe it was 97.. OUTSTANDING!

5. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    B&B is doing a special dinner once a week. I think it is only Thursday nights. You do pay in advance. I went to the Vintage Babbo dinner. We were served a welcome coctail while we waited for everyone to join us. We had 25 year old wine served with our dinner. Pretty much all you could drink. Everything was perfect. We each had our own server. The cheif came out to tell us the history of our dish and how it is prepared. Very nice night and to me a bargin. http://www.eventbrite.com/o/bampb-ristorante-6809552519

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  6. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from Vegas and was very impressed with Giada-restaurant and the gal herself.

The food was amazing, but to add an exclamation point to the evening, as my daughter and I were waiting for our appetizers at a table next to the large window I looked up and Giada was at the table next to us talking to the couple sitting there. Then she started quickly bouncing around between many tables signing some autographs, but mostly getting her picture taken with guests. My teenage daughter watches her show and is a big fan, so I was trying in vain to catch Giada's eye to stop by our table, too. She has tons of energy, so she was flying through tables really quickly, barely staying in one spot for more than a few seconds.

The only thing I could think of to ensure she'd make it to our table was to grab the manager as he walked by and tell him I'd like to buy one of her cookbooks(they are on display and for sale out front) with the hope he could get Giada to sign it. Later on Giada hand delivered the book and signed it and actually spent about 4-5 minutes talking to us. When she first arrived the bread was being delivered, but the appetizers were already there, so she lit into the guys for bringing the appetizers out before the bread. Then she started a conversation with us about how important attention to detail was for her in delivering the experience for diners.

When the check came we found that she had made sure we didn't pay for the book and our deserts were comped. What a great lady.

And like I said, the food was amazing. I had the chicken cacciatore, and while the cacciatore sauce-which is poured onto a roasted, spiced chicken-was very good, the roasted chicken would have made an incredible meal all by itself.

7. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And to add more excellent Vegas dining experiences for me, Delmonico and the tiny Trattoria Reggiano in the Venetian are our must do's. This trip we also ate at Guy Fieri's(which, despite being known for garnering poor reviews for his other joints, was actually very, very good) and Andiamo. It was only our first visit there, but on this one occasion, Andiamo's ribeye was even better than than the great ribeyes I've had at Delmonico or SW. I think my best ever. And their desserts were incredible, too, and as well, the waiters were great and full of personality. They do seem out of place in the D, though. I wish they were on the strip somewhere.

8. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    L'Atellier de Joel Robuchon was multidemsionally amazing, but I expected that.

Delmonico was a happy surprise because it's a quiet dry aged steak contender. What I mean is that they don't make a big noise about how good they are but I think I may like it better than Carnevino.

SW because every part of the meal was great and Steve is a god, imo.

Lastly, Andiamo, what a great meal in every respect. The service, the feel of the place and of course the food. What a pleasure!

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great story.
    We have lunch reservations for our trip. Looking forward to it as this place is getting lots of great reviews.

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back last night, and for this trip I have entries for the "Holy sh*t, good meal" and "Disappointed" categories. Here's the good, actually great one ...

Bob Taylor's Ranch House. That was the BEST steak I have had for a VERY long time! There were five of us, five who otherwise can't seem to agree that the sky is blue and such and everyone raved about the place! It was actually quite reasonable too. IIRC the bill was $300-ish for all 5, including drinks. It's an old-school place, where the salad and side are included with the entree.

This place totally blows away all of those newer ala-carte so-called celebrity chef places in the newer hotels! It's well worth the drive.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that it's waaaayyyyyyy out in the toolies and somewhat hard to find. It's on Rio Vista Street, and the intersection of Ann and Tenaya is probably the closest well known landmark. It's at the very north end of Rio Vista, and you can't see it until you are there. We almost gave up thinking we had the wrong directions, since the area is otherwise all new construction. It was probably the only thing there and the rest of the neighborhood grew around it. It's neat and tidy, but not fancy at all.

It's really a refreshing change from all of those wannabe-upscale steak places in the newer hotels. Try it, you will like it! :)

11. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have had several fortunately more than have left us dissapointed from Tender to Robuchon to Aureole but the latest was more a shock due to the location than the chef, Andres at Monte Carlo. We don't spend much time at MC and honestly were it not for MyVegas and a high recommendation from my friend Al who knows every joint in town we would not have found this one, the MV comes in as I went ahead and got the Cognac tasting, which was great and made even better by the host Alfredo a kindred in good smoke and drink if ever I met one, and I decided to get the $50 dining credit at MC. I figured if Al led me astray at least it was $50 cheaper than it would have been. Having eaten at a couple of pretty much meh joints at MC I had my doubts but damn they were dashed big time, all I could keep thinking was WTF is a place this great doing stuck in MC of all places. Great place in every aspect.

12. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My top 5 Vegas meals in order were

1. Sage
    2. Joes seafood steak and stone crab
    3. Vic & Anthonys
    4. Fiama trattoria (lobster truffle gnocchi ftw)
    5. The old Ballys Steakhouse

Honourable mention to MAG, Jaleo, Andiamo and Olives

13. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a reservation at Giada for next week...super excited

14. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bud, you are going to be blown away.....definitely in the top 3 restaurants in Vegas IMO!

We just ate there on July 5th and were shocked at how great the service/food was, usually it's either one or the other, this place has both!

15. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at Giada's Sunday July 6th and loved it. We will be back.

We also ate at NOBU in Caesars during this trip. I am not a Sushi person but my wife absolutely loved the special meal she ordered. Her's came out in many small little portions while I had a great steak.

Both places were amazing and surprised us how much we wanted to go back.

16. hoochiemama

hoochiemama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am almost to the point that I can't believe our (bad) experience based on all the fantastic reviews. Has anyone else have a bad experience at Giada?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.