1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant.com -- 80% Promo Code: LOVE

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Sidekicknick, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently Restaurant.com is offering 80% off with the promo code LOVE (they do similar sales quite often).
    ... if you haven't used these before, its basically buying a gift card for $XX amount at a much cheaper price.
    With the promo code, a $50 gift cert would be $4. There is generally a stipulation that you must spend a certain amount ... generally 2x gift cert amount.

So in a this case, spend $4 on a $50 gift cert ... min spend of $100. So if you just hit min, you get $100 worth of food/drink for $54. If you don't use them, you can exchange them for gift certs in your home town (assuming there are participating restaurants).

Links to restaurants that participate on the strip:
    Senior Frogs - https://www.restaurant.com/senor-frogs-las-vegas-pid=286875
    House of Blues - https://www.restaurant.com/house-of-blues-restaurant-bar-las-vegas-pid=40211
    Hussongs - https://www.restaurant.com/hussongs-cantina-taqueria-inside-the-shoppes-mandalay-place-las-vegas-pid=42527
    Pampas Churrascaria - https://www.restaurant.com/pampas-churrascaria-las-vegas-pid=17911

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jrizzo

jrizzo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Picked up one for Senior Frogs. Solid deal thanks!

3. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THANKS! picked up one for Senor Frogs and Pampas Churrascaria

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay. I have never used Restaurant.com

I get you buy certificates at a discount and then use them at face value. Each cert can be used at any restaurant on their list.

I am guessing different restaurants have different minimum order.

So, if House of Blues has a $50 minimum order and I spend $54, and I have a $50 certificate, then I pay $4?

Are the certificates in the sale good for ANY of their restaurants?

5. michele14

michele14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to read the terms and conditions for each certificate. I know for House of Blues it is $50 off minimum $100 spend. The certificate is good for a specific location - when you go on the Restaurant.com site you search by what city you want. Some restaurants offer certificates in different amounts, when you click on the amount you want it will say what the minimum spend is.

6. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So in that case ... you spend $4 today and now have a $50 gift cert for House of Blues. Next week you go HoB and order $101 worth of food (to meet the min on the fine print) .... You pay for your food with your $50 gift cert (print it or pull it up on your phone), Now your bill is $51 to pay out of pocket... so $101 worth of food/drinks ended up costing you $55 total.

The gift certs are restaurant specific .... but restaurant.com lets you exchange them, so if you bought 4x Vegas restaurants and didn't use them, just exchange them for something closer to where you live or for another vacation in another area.

7. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still confused. I think I might be getting it.

Are you saying that the "sale" offers like this one really are not to be used at the individual restaurants, but instead you have to use those to buy ones good for each restaurant?

Am I just slow, or is this confusing?

8. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buy $25 cert for restaurant for $2. Walk into that restaurant. Hand server cert. Order $50 worth of food/drink. Get $25 off of bill. Walk out of restaurant. Put saved $23 in slot machine. Win progressive. Anything else?

9. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are not confused.
    Those buying the certificates from them are the ones really confused.

10. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're really almost coupons you're buying. If you think of it that way it takes some of the mental gymnastics out of it. I think the fact that they use the term gift certificate muddies the situation but makes it sound more attractive to consumers.

11. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll try to explain in a totally different way.

.... You really want to eat at the HoB, and you know you're going to spend $100 on food that night. Right before you walk into the restaurant to eat you see me standing on the street and I call to you. I say, "Hey
    nostresshere, I'll give you a coupon / gift cert to take $50 off of your meal for tonight as long as you spend $100.... for this I ask you first give me $4 in cash in exchange for that $50 off deal."

Its very straight forward ....
    You are paying restaurant.com a small amount of money for a coupon/gift cert/discount worth much more to a specific restaurant as long as you meet the requirement outlined (min spend).

12. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing you don't like them or think they are a bad idea. Please explain.

13. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its the same premise as tix4tonite. You are purchasing a 1/2 price ticket (or meal). In exchange, you are paying them a small fee.

14. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been discussed many times here and many posts were deleted.
    read it before it's gone:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Restaurant

15. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used r.com certificates in the past. I always read the fine print before purchase and know what the expectations are. Frankly, if it's not a high end place (and/or I can't use the certificate toward wine) then it's futile for me to buy a $100 certificate for dinner for me & my husband. Know the menu of where you're going, figure out what your expected bill might be for however many people are going. Think, plan. If you can do that, these can be very good purchases.

If a restaurant won't accept a certificate, you can swap it online for another restaurant. Even old ones, even for places that have closed down. I always ask the restaurant when making a reservation (or when being seated) if they accept the certificate.

I did not read all the comments on that website, but the ones I read could all have been avoided by a little reading & thinking ahead.....I don't consider them the fault of restaurant.com. Will the certificates work for everyone? No. But that's a far cry from them being fraudulent.....

The more you know......

16. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally have used the better part of 30+ gift certs over the last 3 or so years from the website without issue.

Many in Vegas, never had an issue.

17. teehuge

teehuge Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you know if you can use these for the Gospel Brunch at House of Blues?

18. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh. I used 3 certs on my last trip to 3 different places and had no issue whatsoever. Carlos & Charlies, Slice and Pampas. All servers knew of the certs and getting the discounts was no muss no fuss. Maybe some of the smaller off-strip places don't see them enough for the staff to know about it. Aside from Slice the meals weren't that great but that's another issue.

In any case I just bought 2 of the $2 for $25 ones yesterday for my March trip. Figure worst case scenario I'm only out $4.

• Like Like x 1
  19. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used them at least 25 times. Only once was a coupon rejected and I got a replacement from rest.com on line. Just be aware of the minimum purchase requirements and you'll get value from them. Yes, you can sometimes find other coupons for discounts at the same restaurants, but that's another story. Don't over spend - we've got a local restaurant that has a $25 coupon ($50 minimum check) and it's mostly for dessert where you won't spend more than $5 per person. The coupon is only worthwhile if you are buying for your grandson's baseball team.

20. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt it, but you might want to call and ask. The Gospel Brunch is in the theater of HOB, while I assume this certificate is for the Crossroads Restaurant part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.