1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rental Car Companies closing times at McCarran?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by GeorgeJ., Oct 26, 2021.

1. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Alamo to only car company at McCarran that is open 24/7 these days?

I have a flight coming in at about 10:30PM and it looks like all of the others close at 10PM or 11PM (Hertz, Budget, etc - and if Hertz closes early, then so do Thrifty & Dollar since you pick up your car for them at the Hertz lot).

I'm concerned that I'll get stiffed on the rental car if my flight is late so I cancelled my Budget reservation and rebooked with Alamo.

Anyone get to the Rental Car Center and your car company is closed?

2. PressThe5n9

PressThe5n9 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand how you feel on this. We booked Enterprise since they were the only one I could find open when our flight arrives (just after midnight). It’s more than I would like to pay, but at least their hours indicate they are open 24/7 at the rental center. I checked into getting a rideshare to our destination resort and rent something the next morning, but none of the local agencies had vehicles available for our stay!

Youngest Son’s 21st Birthday Trip to the Desert
  3. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Per Costco Travel - Alamo, Avis and Enterprise are all 24 hours. Budget closes between 1:00AM - 6:00AM. Not saying this is the case at LAS, but recently I had a Budget reservation and got there after they closed. The counter had a sign to pickup any reservations at the Avis counter (they are owned by the same parent company).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gamesome

gamesome Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip I used Budget FastTrack. I didn't arrive after closing time, but it was late enough that the fast track desk was closed. My name was on the large monitor with the stall # to grab my car. Paperwork was completed and inside the vehicle. Btw I did not pre pay.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have recent experience with a late pickup at Budget (after they have closed) and they've sent you over to the Avis counter to get your car?

6. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bumping this to try and find out if anyone has gotten to the Budget counter after they've closed and Avis took care of you?

How about returns? If Budget is closed until 6AM, do you return your car to Avis if you get to the airport before 6AM?

7. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, Avis is still supposed to be open 24/7 at McCarran. So I changed my reservation from Alamo to Avis for a $50 savings on a 4 day rental. I will report back in a week & a half as to whether Avis was open and what other counters were still operating and open at 11PM..

What I don't like about the Avis website is that first they just show you the car base rate total without the taxes and fees added. So it looks like you're getting an awsome price, but when you get to check-out, in my case it was $100 more when all that crap was added in...

8. fischer

fischer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NEVER saw this, tried to book dollar at 12:30 AM, system says can't book location closed during those hours.