1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rental Car Accident in Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by booker, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update:

The first week of August, as posted in my TR about a Sweet Solo Trip, I spoke about being rear-ended while merging. Well….

It's well over two months since the accident and the insurance company of the guy who hit me STILL has not paid. My insurance guy has nothing but nasty stuff to say about their agent/company. He has tried to contact them numerous times, mostly to no avail, and has shown me his documentation log.

Titan Insurance, a Nationwide company, is the other driver's insureance – Their agent does not return calls, the agent's voice mailbox is often filled and messages cannot be left, they once verbally said they would pay, but Dollar has billed them for over a month and nothing has happened.

If you have Titan, have you had issues with them? My agent thinks that Dollar may charge the bill to my credit card if they don't come through soon.

2. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does your credit card provide any protection/insurance.

3. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. BUT there are strings attached. I have started to fill out the online paperwork, for which I have not enough information, and one of the first items, as I recall, was what did the insured's insurance (and mine) not cover? It wold not let me progress without this information. It's very confusing.

I've had two other accidents in Las Vegas in rentals over 25+ years of renting there; in one case the person who hit me had insurance that took care of things immediately, the other case flying debris nailed me in a wind storm on I-15. The credit card insurance paid that.

4. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your insurance agent shouldn't even be wasting his time, IMO. Dollars lawyers and insurance companies should be doing all the contacting the other party and his/her insurance company. Usually one call by a lawyer solves things, and really fast

5. angilynny

angilynny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How come your insurance can't go over the agent? When I have been in accidents before the ins co's deal with each other above and beyond the agent.

6. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops. Not agent … "Claim Handler" from my insurance company. By bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.