1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reminder: Always ask for a Comp before using Self-Comp Dollars/Points

Discussion in 'Comps' started by cjcjcj, Jun 10, 2021.

1. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this doesn't apply to ALL places like CET which uses RCs before doing any back-end etc.

But I am reminded of going to my local today and last week. I generated about $200~ in points for food credit/etc, but I stopped at the players desk and they asked if I was going to eat, and gave me a $25 comp to the cafe. I can save the food points for a big steakhouse meal or something when I don't plan to gamble a ton.

My first Vegas trip I gambled a bit and got resort fees off my room just by asking the desk before checkout. Was going to use Expresscomps(at Mirage) but the booth rep offered to take them off based on play.

I've been pleasantly surprised at Mandalay and other places that have wiped off my entire bill when staying on a generous comp of suite+food+FP.

I know there are a lot of seasoned comp pros here but a good reminder nonetheless. Of course you have to be smart about it, and not ask for a $300 comp after playing $300 coin-in. But it never hurts to ask if you know your play warrants it. The worst they can say is no Lol

Return to the Wynn!!
    Return to double dip Sept & Oct offers
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree.
    Last May, I was staying 4 nights @ The Cal. arriving on Sat night. I had $70 adv Food Comp
    I was having dinner @ Redwood Grill w/3 local friends on Sun eve, and wanted to pick up the tab.
    I did charge it to my room. That, and any other meal I had at The Cafe.
    I knew I was going to give them alot of play ea day, and I did over 1K tc ea day.

Tues eve, b4 my Wed checkout, I went to the Host area, and asked about getting ALL the food charges taken off. Done! It was less that $300 total, but I knew I played enough to cover it.
    So, yes! Ask, and ask!

• Like Like x 2
  3. goodfoot1

goodfoot1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree. Have often stayed at Sams Town and always ask the night before we check out. Answer: sometimes yes, sometimes no. Asked at Wynn last year and was surprised when they comp'd our food. Stayed at both with free room offers so we would have been happy with that but have learned it never hurts to ask.

Hot August Wynn
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me tell you, it took me awhile to get up the nerve to even ask, as before I always DID just use my points or Food Comp. But, now that I am playing more (and losing more!), and I know I can get something.

If I played 1st, and had the gathering meal later in trip, I have asked a host upfront. Scored $150 toward Cornerstone for 4 and used my points for the rest.

• Like Like x 1