1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Redwood Grill at California temporarily closed

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ty, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Redwood had reopened on June 5th.

Got word from my host yesterday that it has temporarily closed because business was too slow. She didn't mention when it might reopen.

Second Street Grill at Fremont has yet to reopen.

I'm scheduled to go back July 3-7 and should have a Gold card for food but won't have many options for dining.

Taking my nephew along
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MGinCO

MGinCO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well Drats! I was planning on having dinner there with my local friends.
    Thx for the news.
    I guess the only thing open then is the Cafe?

3. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the old chicken and the egg thing. Close it because business is slow, but then people like me won't visit if there isn't at least Redwood or Second St Grill open. Already, there are places I avoid in Decembers because I know they close too many of their eateries before Xmas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the already condensed and excellent offerings were further curbed when re-opening in June. Anything made in the Noodle House kitchen was unavailable and some shell food was missing also.
    It happens to businesses and I thought you just rode it out but I guess not.
    It was discussed when I was out there as to the choice to open the California first. In this conversation it was stated the California was the Hawaiian destination of choice. Main Street just an overflow if needed. So the conclusion was they opened the wrong place.
    I have minimal information /facts but it made sense at the time (social hour at the redwood bar); I’m pretty certain. ;)

At last, and finally it's close.